Job Guarantee: a Structuralist Perspective
The structuralist and Stock Flow Consistent (SFC) approaches share some common grounds. Computable General Equilibriums (CGE) models, often used by structuralists, are based on Social Accounting Matrices, which are close SFC’s Transaction Flow Matrices. However, the analysis of structuralists model is more on the meso-level while SFC models are rather at macro-level. Our paper is a step, following Missaglia (2011), towards the creation of a structuralist/SFC model. We introduce several new features in an SFC model: (i) a more disaggregated households sector than usual, (ii) three production sectors and the possibility of constrained output, and (iii) a more elaborated labor market with endogenous labor supply. We use the model to compare two Keynesian policies: the Job Guarantee (JG) and a traditional Keynesian Demand Spur (KDS).
|Date of creation:||Nov 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via S. Felice, 5 - 27100 Pavia|
Web page: http://epmq.unipv.eu/site/home.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marc Lavoie & Gabriel Rodriguez & Mario Seccareccia, 2004. "Similitudes and Discrepancies in Post-Keynesian and Marxist Theories of Investment: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 127-149.
- Jon Wisman, 2010. "The Moral Imperative and Social Rationality of Government-Guaranteed Employment and Reskilling," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 68(1), pages 35-67.
- Eugenio Caverzasi & Antoine Godin, 2015. "Post-Keynesian stock-flow-consistent modelling: a survey," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(1), pages 157-187.
- Mathew Forstater, 2006. "Green Jobs: Public Service Employment and Environmental Sustainability," Challenge, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 49(4), pages 58-72, July.
- Marco Missaglia, 2007. "Demand Policies For Long-Run Growth: Being Keynesian Both In The Short And In The Long Run?," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 74-94, 02.
- Tony Aspromourgos, 2000. "Is an Employer-of-Last-Resort Policy Sustainable? A review article," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 141-155.
- Rada, Codrina & von Arnim, Rudiger, 2012. "Structural transformation in China and India: A note on macroeconomic policies," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 264-275.
- Marc Lavoie, 1992. "Foundations of Post-Keynesian Economic Analysis," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 275.
- Daniel Kostzer, 2008. ""Argentina--A Case Study on the Plan Jefes y Jefas de Hogar Desocupados, or the Employment Road to Economic Recovery," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_534, Levy Economics Institute.
- Codrina Rada & Rudiger von Arnim, 2011. "Structural Transformation in China and India: The Role of Macroeconomic Policies," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2011_05, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Marco Missaglia, 2013. "Neoclassical and Keynesian macro models: thinking about the ‘special case’," Chapters,in: Teaching Post Keynesian Economics, chapter 11, pages 187-211 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Giuseppe Mastromatteo, 2011. "H.P. Minsky And Policies To Countervail Crises," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Economia e Finanza ief0102, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Jamee Moudud, 2006. "How State Policies Can Raise Economic Growth," Challenge, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 49(2), pages 33-51, April.
- Lance Taylor & Codrina Rada, 2006. "Structural Change, Economic Policy, and Development," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 32, pages 51-71.
- L. Randall Wray, 2007. "Minsky's Approach to Employment Policy and Poverty: Employer of Last Resort and the War on Poverty," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_515, Levy Economics Institute.