Why Has Labor Not Demanded Guaranteed Employment?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jon D. Wisman & James F. Smith, 2011.
"Legitimating Inequality: Fooling Most of the People All of the Time,"
American Journal of Economics and Sociology,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(4), pages 974-1013, October.
- Jon D. Wisman & James F. Smith, 2009. "Legitimating Inequality: Fooling Most of the People All of the Time," Working Papers 2009-25 JEL classificatio, American University, Department of Economics.
- Claudia Goldin & Robert A. Margo, 1992.
"The Great Compression: The Wage Structure in the United States at Mid-Century,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(1), pages 1-34.
- Claudia Goldin & Robert A. Margo, 1991. "The Great Compression: The Wage Structure in the United States at Mid- Century," NBER Working Papers 3817, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:32:y:1998:i:2:p:557-563 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vickrey, William, 1992. "Chock-Full Employment without Increased Inflation: A Proposal for Marketable Markup Warrants," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 341-345, May.
- Jon Wisman, 2010. "The Moral Imperative and Social Rationality of Government-Guaranteed Employment and Reskilling," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 68(1), pages 35-67.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:39:y:2005:i:1:p:235-244 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jon Wisman & Aaron Pacitti, 2014. "Ending the Unemployment Crisis with Guaranteed Employment and Retraining," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(3), pages 679-706.
- Daniel Kostzer, 2008. ""Argentina--A Case Study on the Plan Jefes y Jefas de Hogar Desocupados, or the Employment Road to Economic Recovery," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_534, Levy Economics Institute.
- Lennart Erixon, 2010.
"The Rehn-Meidner Model in Sweden: Its Rise, Challenges and Survival,"
Journal of Economic Issues,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 677-715.
- Erixon, Lennart, 2008. "The Rehn-Meidner Model in Sweden: Its Rise, Challenges and Survival," Research Papers in Economics 2008:2, Stockholm University, Department of Economics.
- Ruth Ellen Wasem, 2013. "Tackling Unemployment: The Legislative Dynamics of the Employment Act of 1946," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number tu, November.
- L. Randall Wray, 1997.
"Government as Employer of Last Resort: Full Employment without Inflation,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_213, Levy Economics Institute.
- L. Randall Wray, 1998. "Government as Employer of Last Resort: Full Employment Without Inflation," Macroeconomics 9802006, EconWPA.
- Daron Acemoglu & James A. Robinson, 2000.
"Why Did the West Extend the Franchise? Democracy, Inequality, and Growth in Historical Perspective,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 115(4), pages 1167-1199.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Robinson, James A, 1998. "Why did the West Extend the Franchise? Democracy, Inequality and Growth in Historical Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 1797, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- William Darity, 2010. "A Direct Route to Full Employment," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer;National Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 179-181, September.
- Spengler, Joseph J., 1968. "Right To Work: A Backward Glance," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(02), pages 171-196, June.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
More about this item
Keywordsright to employment; employer of last resort; unemployment; worker struggles; ideology;
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
- H10 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - General
- N30 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - General, International, or Comparative
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:amu:wpaper:2016-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Meal). General contact details of provider: http://www.american.edu/cas/economics/ .