FDI in Crisis and Recovery: Lessons from the 1997-98 Asian Crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Prema-chandra Athukorala, 2001. "Crisis and Recovery in Malaysia," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2340.
- Robert E. Lipsey & Robert C. Feenstra & Carl H. Hahn & George N. Hatsopoulos, 1999.
"The Role of Foreign Direct Investment in International Capital Flows,"
NBER Chapters, in: International Capital Flows, pages 307-362,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 2000. "The Role of Foreign Direct Investment in International Capital Flows," NBER Working Papers 7094, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven Radelet & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1998. "The East Asian Financial Crisis: Diagnosis, Remedies, Prospects," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(1), pages 1-90.
- Anne Krueger & Aaron Tornell, 1999.
"The Role of Bank Restructuring in Recovering from Crises: Mexico 1995-98,"
NBER Working Papers
7042, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anne Krueger & Aaron Tornell, 1999. "The Role of Bank Restructuring in Recovering from Crises: Mexico 1995-98," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1872, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Eric Ramstetter, 2000. "Survey of Recent Developments," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(3), pages 3-47.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Rose, Andrew K., 1996.
"Currency crashes in emerging markets: An empirical treatment,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-4), pages 351-366, November.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996. "Currency crashes in emerging markets: an empirical treatment," International Finance Discussion Papers 534, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 1996.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investors in Three Financial Crises," NBER Working Papers 8084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Athukorala, Prema-Chandra & Jongwanich, Juthathip, 2012.
"How Effective are Capital Controls? Evidence from Malaysia,"
Asian Development Review, Asian Development Bank, vol. 29(2), pages 1-47.
- Prema-chandra Athukorala & Juthathip Jongwanich, 2012. "How Effective are Capital Controls? Evidence from Malaysia," Departmental Working Papers 2012-16, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Vintila Denisia Mariana, 2011. "Foreign Direct Investments During Financial Crises," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 41-45, December.
- Desh Gupta & Milind Sathye, 2004. "Financial Developments in India: Should India introduce capital account convertibility?," ASARC Working Papers 2004-07, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Varum, Celeste Amorim & Rocha, Vera Catarina Barros, 2011. "Do foreign and domestic firms behave any different during economic slowdowns?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 48-59, February.
- Adalgiso Amendola & Anna Maria Ferragina & Rosanna Pittiglio & Filippo Reganati, 2012. "Are exporters and multinational firms more resilient over a crisis? First evidence for manufacturing enterprises in Italy," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(3), pages 1914-1926.
- Sajid Anwar & Desh Gupta, 2006. "Financial Restructuring and Economic Growth in Thailand," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 113-127.
- Kornkarun Cheewatrakoolpong & Somprawin Manprasert, 2012. "Trade concentration and crisis spillover: Case study of transmission of the supprime crisis to Thailand," Working Papers 11212, Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network on Trade (ARTNeT), an initiative of UNESCAP and IDRC, Canada..
- FERRAGINA, Anna Maria, 2013.
"The Impact of FDI on Firm Survival and Employment: A Comparative Analysis for Turkey and Italy,"
CELPE Discussion Papers
127, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Anna Maria Ferragina & Fernanda Mazzotta & Erol Taymaz & Kamil Yilmaz, 2013. "The Impact Of Fdi On Firm Survival And Employment: A Comparative Analysis For Turkey And Italy," ERSA conference papers ersa13p1211, European Regional Science Association.
- Laixiang Sun & In Hyeock Lee & Eunsuk Hong, 2017. "Does foreign direct investment stimulate new firm creation? In search of spillovers through industrial and geographical linkages," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 613-631, March.
- Paul Luk & Tianxiao Zheng, 2020. "Foreign Direct Investment and Debt Financing in Emerging Economies," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 52(4), pages 863-905, June.
More about this item
KeywordsEast Asia; financial crisis; foreign direct investment; capital flows;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2004-01-08 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-IFN-2004-01-08 (International Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2004-01-08 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-RMG-2004-01-08 (Risk Management)
- NEP-SEA-2004-01-08 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pas:papers:2003-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prema-chandra Athukorala). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.