Immigrant Assimilation:Do Neighborhoods Matter?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cynthia Feliciano, 2005. "Educational selectivity in U.S. Immigration: How do immigrants compare to those left behind?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 42(1), pages 131-152, February.
- Per-Anders Edin & Peter Fredriksson & Olof Åslund, 2004.
"Settlement policies and the economic success of immigrants,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(1), pages 133-155, February.
- Edin, P.-A. & Fredriksson, P. & Aslund, O., 2000. "Settlement Policies and the Economic Success of Immigrants," Papers 2000:22, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Edin, Per-Anders & Fredriksson, Peter & Åslund, Olof, 2000. "Settlement Policies and the Economic Success of Immigrants," Working Paper Series 2000:22, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Edin, P.-A. & Fredriksson, P. & Aslund, O., 2000. "Settlement Policies and the Economic Success of Immigrants," Papers 2000-22, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Åslund, Olof & Edin, Per-Anders & Fredriksson, Peter, 2001. "Settlement Policies and the Economic Success of Immigrants," CEPR Discussion Papers 2730, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Harrie Verbon & Lex Meijdam, 2008.
"Too many migrants, too few services: a model of decision-making on immigration and integration with cultural distance,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 21(3), pages 665-677, July.
- Harrie A. A Verbon & Lex Meijdam, 2004. "Too Many Migrants, Too Few Services: A Model of Decision-making on Immigration and Integration with Cultural Distance," CESifo Working Paper Series 1268, CESifo Group Munich.
- B Waldorf, 1996. "The Internal Dynamic of International Migration Systems," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 28(4), pages 631-650, April.
- Borjas, George J., 1998.
"To Ghetto or Not to Ghetto: Ethnicity and Residential Segregation,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 228-253, September.
- George J. Borjas, 1997. "To Ghetto or Not to Ghetto: Ethnicity and Residential Segregation," NBER Working Papers 6176, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsUS Immigration; Assimilation; Caribbean Immigrants;
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2009-01-03 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2009-01-03 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-SOC-2009-01-03 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2009-01-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pae:wpaper:08-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Debby Weber). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dapurus.html .