The Measurement of Human Development and Poverty
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Suman Seth, 2009. "Inequality, Interactions, and Human Development," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 375-396.
- Valeria Costantini & Salvatore Monni, 2005. "Sustainable Human Development for European Countries," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 329-351.
- Eduardo Zambrano, 2011. "Functionings, Capabilities and the 2010 Human Development Index," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2011-11, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Georges Nguefack-Tsague & Stephan Klasen & Walter Zucchini, 2011.
"On Weighting the Components of the Human Development Index: A Statistical Justification,"
Journal of Human Development and Capabilities,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 183-202.
- Georges Nguefack-Tsague & Stephan Klasen & Walter Zucchini, 2010. "On weighting the components of the Human Development Index: A statistical justification," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 37, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- James E. Foster & Mark McGillivray & Suman Seth, 2013.
"Composite Indices: Rank Robustness, Statistical Association, and Redundancy,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(1), pages 35-56, January.
- James E. Foster & Mark McGillivray & Suman Seth, 2011. "Composite Indices: Rank Robustness, Statistical Association and Redundancy," Working Papers 2011-19, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Osberg, Lars & Sharpe, Andrew, 2002. "An Index of Economic Well-Being for Selected OECD Countries," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(3), pages 291-316, September.
More about this item
Keywordshuman development; inequality; poverty; measurement;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pab:wpaper:14.10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Publicación Digital - UPO). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deupoes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.