On Weighting the Components of the Human Development Index: A Statistical Justification
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Georges Nguefack-Tsague & Stephan Klasen & Walter Zucchini, 2010. "On weighting the components of the Human Development Index: A statistical justification," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 37, Courant Research Centre PEG.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeni Klugman & Francisco Rodríguez & Hyung-Jin Choi, 2011.
"The HDI 2010: new controversies, old critiques,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(2), pages 249-288, June.
- Jeni Klugman & Francisco Rodríguez & Hyung-Jin Choi, 2011. "The HDI 2010: New Controversies, Old Critiques," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2011-01, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Koen Decancq & Dirk Neumann, 2014.
"Does the Choice of Well-Being Measure Matter Empirically?: An Illustration with German Data,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
717, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Decancq, Koen & Neumann, Dirk, 2014. "Does the Choice of Well-Being Measure Matter Empirically? An Illustration with German Data," IZA Discussion Papers 8589, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- DECANCQ, Koen & NEUMANN, Dirk, 2014. "Does the choice of well-being measure matter empirically? An illustration with German data," CORE Discussion Papers 2014050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Stephen Morse, 2013. "Bottom Rail on Top: The Shifting Sands of Sustainable Development Indicators as Tools to Assess Progress," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(6), pages 1-21, May.
- Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan, 2012.
"A Household-Based Human Development Index,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 878-899.
- Harttgen, Kenneth & Klasen, Stephan, 2010. "A household-based Human Development Index," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Hannover 2010 30, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Kenneth Harttgen & Stephan Klasen, 2010. "A Household-Based Human Development Index," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2010-22, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- David Gustafson & Alona Gutman & Whitney Leet & Adam Drewnowski & Jessica Fanzo & John Ingram, 2016. "Seven Food System Metrics of Sustainable Nutrition Security," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(3), pages 1-17, February.
- Mariano Luque & Salvador Pérez-Moreno & Beatriz Rodríguez, 2016. "Measuring Human Development: A Multi-criteria Approach," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 125(3), pages 713-733, February.
- Chris Tofallis, 2013. "An automatic-democratic approach to weight setting for the new human development index," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 26(4), pages 1325-1345, October.
- Suman Seth & Antonio Villar, 2014. "The Measurement of Human Development and Poverty," Working Papers 14.10, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Ludovico Carrino, 2016. "Data Versus Survey-based Normalisation in a Multidimensional Analysis of Social Inclusion," Italian Economic Journal: A Continuation of Rivista Italiana degli Economisti and Giornale degli Economisti, Springer;Società Italiana degli Economisti (Italian Economic Association), vol. 2(3), pages 305-345, November.
- Giménez, Víctor & Ayvar-Campos, Francisco Javier & Navarro-Chávez, José César Lenin, 2017. "Efficiency in the generation of social welfare in Mexico: A proposal in the presence of bad outputs," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 43-52.
- Sevinc Rende & Murat Donduran, 2013. "Neighborhoods in Development: Human Development Index and Self-organizing Maps," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 110(2), pages 721-734, January.
- Atika Pasha, 2015. "Regional Perspectives to the Multidimensional Poverty Index," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 188, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Koen Decancq & Luc Van Ootegem & Elsy Verhofstadt, 2013.
"What If We Voted on the Weights of a Multidimensional Well‐Being Index? An Illustration with Flemish Data,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 34, pages 315-332, September.
- K. Decancq & L. Van Ootegem & E. Verhofstadt, 2011. "What If We Voted On The Weights Of A Multidimensional Well-Being Index? An Illustration With Flemish Data," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/762, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Koen Decancq & Luc Van Ootegem & Elsy Verhofstadt, 2011. "What if we voted on the weights of a multidimensional well-being index? An illustration with Flemish data," Working Papers 1110, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Pasha, Atika, 2017. "Regional Perspectives on the Multidimensional Poverty Index," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 268-285.
- Ludovico Carrino, 2015. "The weighting role of normalisation in a multidimensional analysis of Social Inclusion," Working Papers 2015:32, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Philipp Kolo, 2012. "Measuring a New Aspect of Ethnicity - The Appropriate Diversity Index," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 221, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsHuman Development Index; Human Development Report; United Nations Development Program; Principal component analysis; Correlation matrix;
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jhudca:v:12:y:2011:i:2:p:183-202. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CJHD20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .