Financial Dependence and Firm Survival in Interwar Britain
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul A. Gompers & Josh Lerner, 2003.
"The Really Long-Run Performance of Initial Public Offerings: The Pre-Nasdaq Evidence,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 58(4), pages 1355-1392, August.
- Paul A. Gompers & Josh Lerner, 2001. "The Really Long-Run Performance of Initial Public Offerings: The Pre-NASDAQ Evidence," NBER Working Papers 8505, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Chambers & Elroy Dimson, 2009. "IPO Underpricing over the Very Long Run," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(3), pages 1407-1443, June.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1998.
"Financial Dependence and Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 559-586, June.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, "undated". "Financial Dependence and Growth," CRSP working papers 344, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1996. "Financial Dependence and Growth," NBER Working Papers 5758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Julian Franks & Colin Mayer & Stefano Rossi, 2009. "Ownership: Evolution and Regulation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(10), pages 4009-4056, October.
- David Strömberg, 2004. "Radio's Impact on Public Spending," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 189-221.
- Katherine Watson, 1996. "Banks and industrial finance: the experience of brewers, 1880-1913," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 49(1), pages 58-81, February.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 2004. "New lists: Fundamentals and survival rates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 229-269, August.
- Shumway, Tyler, 2001. "Forecasting Bankruptcy More Accurately: A Simple Hazard Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(1), pages 101-124, January.
- Corbett, Jenny & Jenkinson, Tim, 1997. "How Is Investment Financed? A Study of Germany, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 65(0), pages 69-93, Supplemen.
- James S. Foreman-Peck, 1985. "Seedcorn or Chaff? New Firm Formation and the Performance of the Interwar Economy," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 38(3), pages 402-422, August.
More about this item
KeywordsIPOs; Survival; Regulation; Investment;
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2008-03-25 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-HIS-2008-03-25 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxf:wpaper:377. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Pouliquen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .