Relationship between Interest Rate and Stock Price: Empirical Evidence from Developed and Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Grieb, Terrance & Reyes, Mario G, 1999. "Random Walk Tests for Latin American Equity Indexes and Individual Firms," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 22(4), pages 371-383, Winter.
- Andrew W. Lo, A. Craig MacKinlay, 1988.
"Stock Market Prices do not Follow Random Walks: Evidence from a Simple Specification Test,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 41-66.
- Andrew W. Lo & A. Craig MacKinlay, 1987. "Stock Market Prices Do Not Follow Random Walks: Evidence From a Simple Specification Test," NBER Working Papers 2168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J. P. Affleck‐Graves & A. H. Money, 1975. "A Note on the Random Walk Model and South African Share Prices," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 43(3), pages 232-236, September.
- L. E. Arango & A. Gonzalez & C. E. Posada, 2002.
"Returns and the interest rate: a non-linear relationship in the Bogotastock market,"
Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(11), pages 835-842.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Andrés González & Carlos Esteban Posada, 2001. "Returns And Interest Rate: A Nonlinear Relationship In The Bogota Stock Market," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 003468, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Luis Eduardo Arango & Andrés González & Carlos Esteban Posada, 2001. "Returns and Interest Rate: A Nonlinear Relationship in the Bogotá Stock Market," Borradores de Economia 169, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Campbell, John Y., 1987. "Stock returns and the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 373-399, June.
- Keith Jefferis & Charles Okeahalam, 2000. "The impact of economic fundamentals on stock markets in southern Africa," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 23-51.
- Butler, Kirt C. & Malaikah, S. J., 1992. "Efficiency and inefficiency in thinly traded stock markets: Kuwait and Saudi Arabia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 197-210, February.
- Ercan Balaban, 1995. "Day of the week effects: new evidence from an emerging stock market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(5), pages 139-143.
- Terrance Grieb & Mario G. Reyes, 1999. "Random Walk Tests For Latin American Equity Indexes And Individual Firms," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 22(4), pages 371-383, December.
- Azar P. Jammine & Douglas M. Hawkins, 1974. "The Behaviour of Some Share Indices: A Statistical Analysis," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 42(1), pages 27-35, March.
- Yu Hsing, 2004. "Impacts of Fiscal Policy, Monetary Policy, and Exchange Rate Policy on Real GDP in Brazil: A VAR Model," Brazilian Electronic Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, vol. 6(1), February.
- Spyros Spyrou, 2001. "Stock returns and inflation: evidence from an emerging market," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(7), pages 447-450.
- Kaul, Gautam, 1990. "Monetary Regimes and the Relation between Stock Returns and Inflationary Expectations," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 307-321, September.
- Hiroyuki Kawakatsu & Matthew R. Morey, 1999. "An Empirical Examination Of Financial Liberalization And The Efficiency Of Emerging Market Stock Prices," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 22(4), pages 385-411, December.
- E. T. Knight & C. Firer, 1989. "The Performance of South African Unit Trusts 1977–1986," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 57(1), pages 37-47, March.
- Claessens, Stijn & Dasgupta, Susmita & Glen, Jack, 1995. "Return Behavior in Emerging Stock Markets," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(1), pages 131-151, January.
- Jorge L. Urrutia, 1995. "Tests Of Random Walk And Market Efficiency For Latin American Emerging Equity Markets," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 18(3), pages 299-309, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Alam, Md. Mahmudul & Akbar, Chowdhury Shahed, 2019. "Rationality of the Capital Market: Capitalistic System vs. Islamic System," SocArXiv 83ekv, Center for Open Science.
- Md. Mahmudul Alam & Kazi Ashraful Alam & Md. Gazi Salah Uddin, 2017.
"Market Depth and Risk Return Analysis of Dhaka Stock Exchange: An Empirical Test of Market Efficiency,"
- Alam, Md. Mahmudul & Alam, Kazi Ashraful & Uddin, Gazi Salah, 2019. "Market Depth and Risk Return Analysis of Dhaka Stock Exchange: An Empirical Test of Market Efficiency," SocArXiv wsjkq, Center for Open Science.
- Buguk, Cumhur & Wade Brorsen, B., 2003. "Testing weak-form market efficiency: Evidence from the Istanbul Stock Exchange," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 579-590.
- Andrew C. Worthington & Helen Higgs, 2003. "Weak-form market efficiency in European emerging and developed stock markets," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 159, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Graham Smith & Aneta Dyakova, 2016. "The Relative Predictability of Stock Markets in the Americas," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(2), pages 131-142, April.
- Andrew C. Worthington & Helen Higgs, 2003. "Tests of random walks and market efficiency in Latin American stock markets: An empirical note," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 157, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Pinar OKAN GOKTEN & Furkan BASER & Soner GOKTEN, 2017. "Using fuzzy c-means clustering algorithm in financial health scoring," The Audit Financiar journal, Chamber of Financial Auditors of Romania, vol. 15(147), pages 385-385.
- Felix Schindler, 2014. "Persistence and Predictability in UK House Price Movements," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 132-163, January.
- Felix Schindler, 2013. "Predictability and Persistence of the Price Movements of the S&P/Case-Shiller House Price Indices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 44-90, January.
- Abullah M. Noman & Minhaz U. Ahmed, 2008. "Efficiency of the foreign exchange markets in South Asian Countries," AIUB Bus Econ Working Paper Series AIUB-BUS-ECON-2008-18, American International University-Bangladesh (AIUB), Office of Research and Publications (ORP), revised Jun 2008.
- Khrawish, Husni Ali & Siam, Walid Zakaria & Jaradat, Mohammad, 2010. "The relationships between stock market capitalization rate and interest rate: Evidence from Jordan," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center (PRADEC), vol. 2(2), pages 1-7, July.
- Hoque, Hafiz A.A.B. & Kim, Jae H. & Pyun, Chong Soo, 2007. "A comparison of variance ratio tests of random walk: A case of Asian emerging stock markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 488-502.
- Juan Benjamín Duarte Duarte & Katherine Julieth Sierra Suárez & Víctor Alfonso Rueda Ortiz, 2015. "Análisis comparativo de eficiencia entre Brasil, México y Estados Unidos," Revista Finanzas y Politica Economica, Universidad Católica de Colombia, vol. 7(2), pages 341-357, July.
- Rico Belda, Paz, 2013. "No linealidad y asimetría en el proceso generador del Índice Ibex35/Nonlinearity and Asymmetry in the Generator Process of Ibex35 Index," Estudios de Economia Aplicada, Estudios de Economia Aplicada, vol. 31, pages 555-576, Septiembr.
- Alexakis, Christos, 2010. "Long-run relations among equity indices under different market conditions: Implications on the implementation of statistical arbitrage strategies," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 389-403, October.
- Hiremath, Gourishankar S & Bandi, Kamaiah, 2009. "On the random walk characteristics of stock returns in India," MPRA Paper 46499, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paresh Narayan & Arti Prasad, 2007. "Mean Reversion in Stock Prices: New Evidence from Panel Unit Root Tests for Seventeen European Countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(34), pages 1-6.
- Appiah-Kusi, Joe & Menyah, Kojo, 2003. "Return predictability in African stock markets," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 247-270.
- Akarim, Yasemin Deniz & Sevim, Serafettin, 2013. "The impact of mean reversion model on portfolio investment strategies: Empirical evidence from emerging markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 453-459.
- López Gaviria, José Ignacio, 2019. "Predictibilidad del mercado accionario colombiano," Revista Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia - CIE, issue 91, pages 117-150, July.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:osf:socarx:5fket. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (OSF). General contact details of provider: https://arabixiv.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.