Measuring Technical Efficiency with Neural Networks: a Review
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Eide, Eric & Showalter, Mark H., 1998. "The effect of school quality on student performance: A quantile regression approach," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 345-350, March.
- Baker, Bruce D., 2001. "Can flexible non-linear modeling tell us anything new about educational productivity?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 81-92, February.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- José Manuel Cordero Ferrera & Eva Crespo Cebada & Francisco Pedraja & Rosa Simancas Rodríguez, 2011. "El rendimiento educativo y sus determinantes según PISA: Una revisión de la literatura en España," Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación volume 6, in: Antonio Caparrós Ruiz (ed.), Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación 6, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 2, pages 40-56, Asociación de Economía de la Educación.
- Coelli, Tim J., 1995.
"Recent Developments In Frontier Modelling And Efficiency Measurement,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(3), pages 1-27, December.
- Tim J. Coelli, 1995. "Recent Developments In Frontier Modelling And Efficiency Measurement," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(3), pages 219-245, December.
- Coelli, T. J., 1995. "Recent Developments in Frontier Modelling and Efficiency Measurement," 1995 Conference (39th), February 14-16, 1995, Perth, Australia 148798, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- repec:lan:wpaper:4471 is not listed on IDEAS
- Khanal, Aditya & Koirala, Krishna & Regmi, Madhav, 2016. "Do Financial Constraints Affect Production Efficiency in Drought Prone Areas? A Case from Indonesian Rice Growers," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 230087, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Danish Ahmed SIDDIQUI & Qazi Masood AHMED, 2019. "Are institutions a crucial determinant of cross country economic efficiency? A two-stage double bootstrap data envelopment analysis," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(1(618), S), pages 89-114, Spring.
- Shuji Yao & Zhongwei Han & Dan Luo, 2010. "Performance of the Chinese Insurance Industry under Economic Reforms," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12788.
- Noel Uri, 2003. "The Effect of Incentive Regulation in Telecommunications in the United States," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 169-191, May.
- Rosemarie Bégin & Lota D. Tamini & Maurice Doyon, 2014.
"L'effet du travail hors-ferme sur l'efficacité technique des fermes laitières québécoises: un modèle intégrant les biais de sélection sur les observables et inobservables,"
Cahiers de recherche CREATE
- Begin, Rosemarie & Tamini, Lota D. & Doyon, Maurice, 2014. "L'effet du travail hors-ferme sur l'efficacité technique des fermes laitières québécoises: un modèle intégrant les biais de sélection sur les observables et inobservables," Working Papers 187233, University of Laval, Center for Research on the Economics of the Environment, Agri-food, Transports and Energy (CREATE).
- Basurto Hernandez, Saul & Maddison, David & Banerjee, Anindya, 2018. "The effect of PROCAMPO on farms’ technical efficiency: A Stochastic Frontier Analysis," 2018 Annual Meeting, August 5-7, Washington, D.C. 274376, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Rishabh Goswami & Farah Hussain & Manish Kumar, 2019. "Banking Efficiency Determinants in India: A Two-stage Analysis," Margin: The Journal of Applied Economic Research, National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 13(4), pages 361-380, November.
- Duygun, Meryem & Prior, Diego & Shaban, Mohamed & Tortosa-Ausina, Emili, 2016.
"Disentangling the European airlines efficiency puzzle: A network data envelopment analysis approach,"
Omega, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 2-14.
- Meryem Duygun & Diego Prior & Mohamed Shaban & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2015. "Disentangling the European Airlines efficiency puzzle:A network data envelopment analysis approach," Working Papers 2015/04, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
- Chih-Ching Yang, 2010. "Service, investment, and risk management performance in commercial banks," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(12), pages 2005-2025, December.
- Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Vouldis, Angelos T. & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2010. "Globally flexible functional forms: The neural distance function," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 206(2), pages 456-469, October.
- T Agasisti & G Johnes, 2009. "Cost Structure, Efficiency and Heterogeneity in US Higher Education: An Empirical Analysis," Working Papers 599308, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Kuosmanen, Timo & Johnson, Andrew, 2017. "Modeling joint production of multiple outputs in StoNED: Directional distance function approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 262(2), pages 792-801.
- Tovar, Beatriz & Wall, Alan, 2015. "Can ports increase traffic while reducing inputs? Technical efficiency of Spanish Port Authorities using a directional distance function approach," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 128-140.
- Vaneet Bhatia & Sankarshan Basu & Subrata Kumar Mitra & Pradyumna Dash, 2018. "A review of bank efficiency and productivity," OPSEARCH, Springer;Operational Research Society of India, vol. 55(3), pages 557-600, November.
- Subhash C. Ray & Lei Chen, 2015.
"Data Envelopment Analysis for Performance Evaluation: A Child’s Guide,"
Springer Books, in: Subhash C. Ray & Subal C. Kumbhakar & Pami Dua (ed.), Benchmarking for Performance Evaluation, edition 127, chapter 0, pages 75-116,
- Ray, Subhash C. & Chen, Lei, 2010. "Data Envelopment Analysis for Performance Evaluation: A Child’s Guide," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 45(2), pages 79-124.
- Subhash C. Ray & Lei Chen, 2009. "Data Envelopment Analysis for Performance Evaluation: A Child's Guide," Working papers 2009-38, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Fabio Pammolli & Francesco Porcelli & Francesco Vidoli & Guido Borà, 2014. "La spesa sanitaria delle Regioni in Italia - Saniregio 3," Working Papers CERM 02-2014, Competitività, Regole, Mercati (CERM).
- Doumpos, Michael & Hasan, Iftekhar & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2017. "Bank overall financial strength: Islamic versus conventional banks," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 513-523.
- Oleg Badunenko & Daniel J. Henderson & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2012.
"When, where and how to perform efficiency estimation,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 175(4), pages 863-892, October.
- Badunenko, Oleg & Henderson, Daniel J. & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2011. "When, where and how to perform efficiency estimation," MPRA Paper 33467, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oleg Badunenko & Daniel J. Henderson & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2011. "When, where and how to perform efficiency estimation," Cologne Graduate School Working Paper Series 02-06, Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Badunenko, Oleg & Henderson, Daniel J. & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2011. "When, Where and How to Perform Efficiency Estimation," IZA Discussion Papers 5997, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsArtificial neural networks; efficiency; non-linear production function;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oeg:wpaper:2001/09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/geovies.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Luis Orea or David Roibas (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/geovies.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.