The value of leisure or disutility of work: Wage dispersion in a model of search with endogenous effort
Wage dispersion is generated in a sequential search environment through heterogeneity in firm productivity along with an individual wage-effort trade-off. For a given degree of TFP dispersion, the framework can generate any amount of wage dispersion. Calibrated to generate realistic gains from trade, it is able to generate the kind of wage dispersion observed in data.
|Date of creation:||2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (518) 442-4735
Fax: (518) 442-4736
|Order Information:|| Postal: Department of Economics, BA 110 University at Albany State University of New York Albany, NY 12222 U.S.A.|
Web: http://www.albany.edu/economics/research/workingp/index.shtml Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marcus Hagedorn & Iourii Manovskii, 2008.
"The Cyclical Behavior of Equilibrium Unemployment and Vacancies Revisited,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(4), pages 1692-1706, September.
- Hagedorn, Marcus & Manovskii, Iourii, 2008. "The cyclical behavior of equilibrium unemployment and vacancies revisited," Working Paper Series 0853, European Central Bank.
- Marcus Hagedorn & Iourii Manovskii, 2007. "The Cyclical Behavior of Equilibrium Unemployment and Vacancies Revisited," IEW - Working Papers 351, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Marcus Hagedorn & Iourii Manovskii, 2005. "The Cyclical Behavior of Equilibrium Unemployment and Vacancies Revisited," 2005 Meeting Papers 460, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Guido Menzio, 2007.
"A Theory of Partially Directed Search,"
PIER Working Paper Archive
09-006, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Burdett, Ken & Carrillo-Tudela, Carlos & Coles, Melvyn, 2009.
"Human Capital Accumulation and Labour Market Equilibrium,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4215, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kenneth Burdett & Carlos Carrillo‐Tudela & Melvyn G. Coles, 2011. "Human Capital Accumulation And Labor Market Equilibrium," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 52(3), pages 657-677, 08.
- Melvyn Coles & Carlos Carrillo-Tudela & Ken Burdett, 2008. "Human Capital Accumulation and Labor Market Equilibrium," 2008 Meeting Papers 1088, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Masters, Adrian, 2011.
"Commitment, advertising and efficiency of two-sided investment in competitive search equilibrium,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1017-1031, July.
- Adrian Masters, 2008. "Commitment, advertising and efficiency of two-sided investment in competitive search equilibrium," 2008 Meeting Papers 260, Society for Economic Dynamics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nya:albaec:12-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Bailey Jones)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.