Decomposition of total factor productivity growth: A regional analysis of Indian industrial manufacturing growth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Afriat, Sidney N, 1972. "Efficiency Estimation of Production Function," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 13(3), pages 568-598, October.
- Grosskopf, S, 1986. "The Role of the Reference Technology in Measuring Productive Efficiency," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(382), pages 499-513, June.
- Fare, Rolf, et al, 1997. " Biased Technical Change and the Malmquist Productivity Index," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(1), pages 119-127, March.
- MA Hossain & ND Karunaratne, 2004. "Trade Liberalisation and Technical Efficiency: Evidence from Bangladesh Manufacturing Industries," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(3), pages 87-114.
- Fare, Rolf & Shawna Grosskopf & Mary Norris & Zhongyang Zhang, 1994. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 66-83, March.
- Weber, William L. & Domazlicky, Bruce R., 1999. "Total factor productivity growth in manufacturing: a regional approach using linear programming," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 105-122, January.
- Bulent Unel, 2003. "Productivity Trends in India's Manufacturing Sectors in the Last Two Decades," IMF Working Papers 03/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Gopinath Pradhan & Kaustuva Barik, 2004. "Sustainability of Output Growth in Indian Manufacturing: A Decomposition Analysis of Selected Industries," Microeconomics 0405003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- R. Fare & Shawna Grosskopf & W-F Lee, 1995. "Productivity and Technical Change: The Case of Taiwan," GE, Growth, Math methods 9509001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Subhash C. Ray, 2002. "Did India's Economic Reforms improve Efficiency and Productivity? A Nonparametric Analysis of the Initial Evidence from Manufacturing," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 37(1), pages 23-57, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shreekant Gupta & Surender Kumar & Gopal K. Sarangi, 2011. "Does Greater Autonomy Improve Performance? Evidence From Water Service Providers In Indian Cities," Working papers 205, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Kumar, Surender & Managi, Shunsuke, 2012.
"Productivity and convergence in India: A state-level analysis,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 548-559.
- Kumar, Surender & Managi, Shunsuke, 2009. "Productivity and Convergence in India: State Level Analysis," MPRA Paper 23738, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kathuria, Vinish & Seethamma Natarajan, Rajesh Raj & Sen, Kunal, 2010. "Organized versus Unorganized Manufacturing Performance in India in the Post-Reform Period," MPRA Paper 20317, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arnab K. Deb & Subhash C. Ray, 2013. "Economic Reforms and Total Factor Productivity Growth of Indian Manufacturing: An Inter-State Analysis," Working papers 2013-04, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2013.
- Yasemin Keskin Benli & Suleyman Degirmen, 2013. "The Application of Data Envelopment Analysis Based Malmquist Total Factor Productivity Index: Empirical Evidence in Turkish Banking Sector," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 60(2), pages 139-159, April.
- Nitin Arora & Sunil Kumar, 2013. "Does Factor Accumulation or Productivity Change Drive Output Growth in the Indian Sugar Industry? An Inter-state Analysis," Contemporary Economics, University of Economics and Human Sciences in Warsaw., vol. 7(2), June.
- Chandan Sharma & Sanjay Sehgal, 2010. "Impact of infrastructure on output, productivity and efficiency: Evidence from the Indian manufacturing industry," Indian Growth and Development Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 100-121, September.
- Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2010. "Is the post-reform growth of the Indian manufacturing sector efficiency driven? Empirical evidence from plant-level data," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 219-232, April.
- Rajesh Natarajan & Malathy Duraisamy, 2008. "Efficiency and productivity in the Indian unorganized manufacturing sector: did reforms matter?," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 55(4), pages 373-399, December.
More about this item
KeywordsIndustry ; Industrial manufacturing ; Growth ; Total factor productivity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:npf:wpaper:04/22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (S.Siva Chidambaram). General contact details of provider: http://www.nipfp.org.in .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.