Idiosyncratic Risk and the Creative Destruction in Japan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chan, Louis K C & Hamao, Yasushi & Lakonishok, Josef, 1991. " Fundamentals and Stock Returns in Japan," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1739-1764, December.
- John Y. Campbell, 2001.
"Have Individual Stocks Become More Volatile? An Empirical Exploration of Idiosyncratic Risk,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 56(1), pages 1-43, February.
- John Y. Campbell & Martin Lettau & Burton G. Malkiel & Yexiao Xu, 2000. "Have Individual Stocks Become More Volatile? An Empirical Exploration of Idiosyncratic Risk," NBER Working Papers 7590, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Malkiel, Burton & Campbell, John & Lettau, Martin & Xu, Yexiao, 2001. "Have Individual Stocks Become More Volatile? An Empirical Exploration of Idiosyncratic Risk," Scholarly Articles 3128707, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Connor, Gregory & Korajczyk, Robert A, 1993. " A Test for the Number of Factors in an Approximate Factor Model," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1263-1291, September.
- Bernanke, Ben S, 1981. "Bankruptcy, Liquidity, and Recession," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 155-159, May.
- Beck, Thorsten & Levine, Ross & Loayza, Norman, 2000. "Finance and the sources of growth," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1-2), pages 261-300.
- Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 1998. "Law, Finance, and Firm Growth," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(6), pages 2107-2137, December.
- Caballero, Ricardo J & Hammour, Mohamad L, 1994. "The Cleansing Effect of Recessions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1350-1368, December.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1983. "Funds, Factors, and Diversification in Arbitrage Pricing Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(5), pages 1305-1323, September.
- Kent Daniel, 2001. "Explaining the Cross-Section of Stock Returns in Japan: Factors or Characteristics?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 743-766, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brockman, Paul & Liebenberg, Ivonne & Schutte, Maria, 2010. "Comovement, information production, and the business cycle," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 107-129, July.
- repec:wsi:rpbfmp:v:10:y:2007:i:03:n:s0219091507001070 is not listed on IDEAS
- Woon Gyu Choi & David Cook, 2006.
"Stock Market Liquidity and the Macroeconomy: Evidence from Japan,"
NBER Chapters,in: Monetary Policy with Very Low Inflation in the Pacific Rim, NBER-EASE, Volume 15, pages 309-340
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Woon Gyu Choi & David Cook, 2005. "Stock Market Liquidity and the Macroeconomy; Evidence from Japan," IMF Working Papers 05/6, International Monetary Fund.
- Rossi, Francesco, 2011. "U.K. cross-sectional equity data: do not trust the dataset! The case for robust investability filters," MPRA Paper 38303, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2011.
- Michael Drew & Alastair Marsden & Madhu Veeraraghavan, 2004. "Idiosyncratic Volatility Matter? New Zealand Evidence," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 177, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Nguyen, Pascal, 2012.
"The impact of foreign investors on the risk-taking of Japanese firms,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 233-248.
- Nguyen, Pascal, 2012. "The impact of foreign investors on the risk-taking of Japanese firms," MPRA Paper 38991, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rossi, Francesco, 2012.
"UK cross-sectional equity data: The case for robust investability filters,"
European Economic Letters,
European Economics Letters Group, vol. 1(1), pages 6-13.
- Rossi, Francesco, 2012. "U.K. cross-sectional equity data: The case for robust investability filters," MPRA Paper 43312, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2012.
- Rossi, Francesco, 2011. "Risk components in UK cross-sectional equities: evidence of regimes and overstated parametric estimates," MPRA Paper 38682, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Mar 2012.
- Se-Jik Kim, 2003. "Macro Effects of Corporate Restructuring in Japan," IMF Working Papers 03/203, International Monetary Fund.
- Cotter, John & Sullivan, Niall O' & Rossi, Francesco, 2015.
"The conditional pricing of systematic and idiosyncratic risk in the UK equity market,"
International Review of Financial Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 184-193.
- John Cotter & Niall O'Sullivan & Francesco Rossi, 2014. "The Conditional Pricing of Systematic and Idiosyncratic Risk in the UK Equity Market," Working Papers 201403, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Nguyen, Pascal, 2011. "Corporate governance and risk-taking: Evidence from Japanese firms," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 278-297, June.
- Naomi Griffin & Kazuhiko Odaki, 2009. "Reallocation and productivity growth in Japan: revisiting the lost decade of the 1990s," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 125-136, April.
- Hui Guo & Robert Savickas, 2006. "Aggregate idiosyncratic volatility in G7 countries," Working Papers 2004-027, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Yacine Belghitar & Ephraim A. Clark, 2012. "The Effect of CEO Risk Appetite on Firm Volatility: An Empirical Analysis of Financial Firms☆," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 195-211, July.
- Pascal Nguyen & Sophie Nivoix, 2009. "The effect of group affiliation on the risk-taking of Japanese firms," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 135-146.
- Naomi N. Griffin, 2005. "Labor Adjustment, Productivity and Output Volatility: An Evaluation of Japan's Employment Adjustment Subsidy: Working Paper 2005-10," Working Papers 17567, Congressional Budget Office.
- Hsin, Chin-Wen & Tseng, Po-Wen, 2012. "Stock price synchronicities and speculative trading in emerging markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 82-109.
- Naomi N. Griffin & Kazuhiko Odaki, 2006. "Reallocation and Productivity Growth in Japan: Revisiting the Lost Decade of the 1990s: Working Paper 2006-02," Working Papers 17603, Congressional Budget Office.
More about this item
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-04-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-FIN-2003-04-27 (Finance)
- NEP-RMG-2003-04-27 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:9642. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.