An Empirical Model of Heterogeneous Consumer Search for Retail Prescription Drugs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stahl, Dale O., 1996. "Oligopolistic pricing with heterogeneous consumer search," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 243-268.
- Rafael Rob, 1985. "Equilibrium Price Distributions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(3), pages 487-504.
- Geweke, John & Keane, Michael P & Runkle, David, 1994.
"Alternative Computational Approaches to Inference in the Multinomial Probit Model,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 76(4), pages 609-632, November.
- John F. Geweke & Michael P. Keane & David E. Runkle, 1994. "Alternative computational approaches to inference in the multinomial probit model," Staff Report 170, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- McFadden, Daniel, 1989.
"A Method of Simulated Moments for Estimation of Discrete Response Models without Numerical Integration,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 995-1026, September.
- Daniel McFadden, 1987. "A Method of Simulated Moments for Estimation of Discrete Response Models Without Numerical Integration," Working papers 464, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Austan Goolsbee, 2000. "Does the Internet Make Markets More Competitive?," NBER Working Papers 7996, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan T. Sorensen, 2000. "Equilibrium Price Dispersion in Retail Markets for Prescription Drugs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 833-862, August.
- Burdett, Kenneth & Judd, Kenneth L, 1983. "Equilibrium Price Dispersion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 955-969, July.
- Stahl, Dale O, II, 1989. "Oligopolistic Pricing with Sequential Consumer Search," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 700-712, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sailer, Katharina, 2006. "Searching the eBay Marketplace," Discussion Papers in Economics 1234, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Bolhaar, Jonneke & Lindeboom, Maarten & van der Klaauw, Bas, 2010. "Insurance Search and Switching Behavior," CEPR Discussion Papers 7942, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert Clark & Jason Allen & Jean-Francois Houde, 2010. "Price negotiation in differentiated product markets: An analysis of the market for insured mortgages in Canada," 2010 Meeting Papers 1072, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Carvalho, M., 2011. "Essays in behavioral microeconomic theory," Other publications TiSEM 97fbb10e-5f12-420b-b8c4-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Jason Allen & Robert Clark & Jean-François Houde, 2014.
"Search Frictions and Market Power in Negotiated Price Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
19883, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jason Allen & Robert Clark & Jean-Francois Houde, 2018. "Search frictions and market power in negotiated price markets," Working Papers 1403, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Florencia Borrescio, 2014. "Can Walmart make us healthier? The effect of Market Forces on Health Care Utilization," Working Papers wp_042, Adolfo Ibáñez University, School of Government.
- Moraga-González, José Luis & Wildenbeest, Matthijs R., 2008. "Maximum likelihood estimation of search costs," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 820-848, July.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Astrid Dick & Michael Smith, 2010. "A nearly perfect market?," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 1-33, March.
- Maarten C.W. Janssen & Jose Luis Moraga-Gonzalez & Matthijs R. Wildenbeest, 2004.
"Consumer Search and Oligopolistic Pricing: An Empirical Investigation,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
04-071/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Maarten C. W. Janssen & José Luis Moraga-González & Matthijs R. Wildenbeest, 2004. "Consumer Search and Oligopolistic Pricing: An Empirical Investigation," CESifo Working Paper Series 1292, CESifo Group Munich.
- Baohong Sun, 2006. "—Dynamic Structural Consumer Models and Current Marketing Issues," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 625-628, 11-12.
- Adriana Lleras-Muney & Frank R. Lichtenberg, 2002. "The Effect of Education on Medical Technology Adoption: Are the More Educated More Likely to Use New Drugs," NBER Working Papers 9185, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ian M. McCarthy & Rusty Tchernis, 2010. "Search costs and Medicare plan choice," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(10), pages 1142-1165.
- Emin M. Dinlersoz & Rubén Hernández-Murillo & Han Li & Roger Sherman, 2008. "Drug prices under the medicare drug discount card program," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 643-666.
- Jason Allen & Robert Clark & Jean-Fran?ois Houde, 2014.
"The Effect of Mergers in Search Markets: Evidence from the Canadian Mortgage Industry,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 104(10), pages 3365-3396, October.
- Jason Allen & Robert Clark & Jean-François Houde, 2013. "The Effect of Mergers in Search Market: Evidence from the Canadian Mortgage Industry," NBER Working Papers 19126, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borrescio-Higa, Florencia, 2015. "Can Walmart make us healthier? Prescription drug prices and health care utilization," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 37-53.
- Sergei Koulayev, 2008. "Estimating search with learning," Working Papers 08-29, NET Institute, revised Oct 2008.
- Bolhaar J & Lindeboom M & van der Klaauw B, 2009. "Insurance Search and Switching Behaviour at the time of the Dutch Health Insurance Reform," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/14, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
More about this item
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- L65 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Chemicals; Rubber; Drugs; Biotechnology; Plastics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2001-10-22 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-HEA-2001-10-22 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:8548. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.