An Empirical Model of Heterogeneous Consumer Search for Retail Prescription Drugs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stahl, Dale O., 1996. "Oligopolistic pricing with heterogeneous consumer search," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 243-268.
- Geweke, John & Keane, Michael P & Runkle, David, 1994.
"Alternative Computational Approaches to Inference in the Multinomial Probit Model,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 76(4), pages 609-632, November.
- John F. Geweke & Michael P. Keane & David E. Runkle, 1994. "Alternative computational approaches to inference in the multinomial probit model," Staff Report 170, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- McFadden, Daniel, 1989.
"A Method of Simulated Moments for Estimation of Discrete Response Models without Numerical Integration,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 995-1026, September.
- Daniel McFadden, 1987. "A Method of Simulated Moments for Estimation of Discrete Response Models Without Numerical Integration," Working papers 464, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Austan Goolsbee, 2000. "Does the Internet Make Markets More Competitive?," NBER Working Papers 7996, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burdett, Kenneth & Judd, Kenneth L, 1983. "Equilibrium Price Dispersion," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 955-969, July.
- Rafael Rob, 1985. "Equilibrium Price Distributions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(3), pages 487-504.
- Alan T. Sorensen, 2000. "Equilibrium Price Dispersion in Retail Markets for Prescription Drugs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 833-862, August.
- Stahl, Dale O, II, 1989. "Oligopolistic Pricing with Sequential Consumer Search," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 700-712, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sailer, Katharina, 2006. "Searching the eBay Marketplace," Discussion Papers in Economics 1234, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Bolhaar, Jonneke & Lindeboom, Maarten & van der Klaauw, Bas, 2010. "Insurance Search and Switching Behavior," CEPR Discussion Papers 7942, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert Clark & Jason Allen & Jean-Francois Houde, 2010. "Price negotiation in differentiated product markets: An analysis of the market for insured mortgages in Canada," 2010 Meeting Papers 1072, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Carvalho, M., 2011. "Essays in behavioral microeconomic theory," Other publications TiSEM 97fbb10e-5f12-420b-b8c4-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Florencia Borrescio, 2014. "Can Walmart make us healthier? The effect of Market Forces on Health Care Utilization," Working Papers wp_042, Adolfo Ibáñez University, School of Government.
- Moraga-González, José Luis & Wildenbeest, Matthijs R., 2008. "Maximum likelihood estimation of search costs," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 820-848, July.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Astrid Dick & Michael Smith, 2010. "A nearly perfect market?," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 1-33, March.
- Maarten C.W. Janssen & Jose Luis Moraga-Gonzalez & Matthijs R. Wildenbeest, 2004.
"Consumer Search and Oligopolistic Pricing: An Empirical Investigation,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
04-071/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Maarten C. W. Janssen & JosÃ© Luis Moraga-GonzÃ¡lez & Matthijs R. Wildenbeest, 2004. "Consumer Search and Oligopolistic Pricing: An Empirical Investigation," CESifo Working Paper Series 1292, CESifo Group Munich.
- Baohong Sun, 2006. "—Dynamic Structural Consumer Models and Current Marketing Issues," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 625-628, 11-12.
- Adriana Lleras-Muney & Frank R. Lichtenberg, 2002. "The Effect of Education on Medical Technology Adoption: Are the More Educated More Likely to Use New Drugs," NBER Working Papers 9185, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ian M. McCarthy & Rusty Tchernis, 2010. "Search costs and Medicare plan choice," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(10), pages 1142-1165.
- Emin M. Dinlersoz & Rubén Hernández-Murillo & Han Li & Roger Sherman, 2008. "Drug prices under the medicare drug discount card program," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 643-666.
- Jason Allen & Robert Clark & Jean-François Houde, 2014. "Search Frictions and Market Power in Negotiated Price Markets," NBER Working Papers 19883, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jason Allen & Robert Clark & Jean-Fran?ois Houde, 2014.
"The Effect of Mergers in Search Markets: Evidence from the Canadian Mortgage Industry,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 104(10), pages 3365-3396, October.
- Jason Allen & Robert Clark & Jean-François Houde, 2013. "The Effect of Mergers in Search Market: Evidence from the Canadian Mortgage Industry," NBER Working Papers 19126, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borrescio-Higa, Florencia, 2015. "Can Walmart make us healthier? Prescription drug prices and health care utilization," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 37-53.
- Sergei Koulayev, 2008. "Estimating search with learning," Working Papers 08-29, NET Institute, revised Oct 2008.
- Bolhaar J & Lindeboom M & van der Klaauw B, 2009. "Insurance Search and Switching Behaviour at the time of the Dutch Health Insurance Reform," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/14, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
More about this item
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- L65 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Chemicals; Rubber; Drugs; Biotechnology; Plastics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2001-10-22 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-HEA-2001-10-22 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:8548. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .