Hedge Funds and the Asian Currency Crisis of 1997
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Stephen J. Brown & William N. Goetzmann & James M. Park, 1998. "Hedge Funds and the Asian Currency Crisis of 1997," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 98-014, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Stephen Brown & William Goetzmann & James Park, 1998. "Hedge Funds and the Asian Currency Crisis of 1997," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm84, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Apr 2008.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A, 1997. "Empirical Characteristics of Dynamic Trading Strategies: The Case of Hedge Funds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 275-302.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patrick M McGuire & Kostas Tsatsaronis, 2008. "Estimating hedge fund leverage," BIS Working Papers 260, Bank for International Settlements.
- Monica Billio & Mila Getmansky & Andrew W. Lo & Loriana Pelizzon, 2010.
"Econometric Measures of Systemic Risk in the Finance and Insurance Sectors,"
NBER Chapters, in: Market Institutions and Financial Market Risk,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Monica Billio & Mila Getmansky & Andrew W. Lo & Loriana Pelizzon, 2010. "Econometric Measures of Systemic Risk in the Finance and Insurance Sectors," NBER Working Papers 16223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Merrick, John J. & Naik, Narayan Y. & Yadav, Pradeep K., 2004. "Strategic trading behavior and price distortion in a manipulated market: Anatomy of a squeeze," CFR Working Papers 04-07, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Nicholas Chan & Mila Getmansky & Shane M. Haas & Andrew W. Lo, 2007. "Systemic Risk and Hedge Funds," NBER Chapters, in: The Risks of Financial Institutions, pages 235-338, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cohen, Benjamin H. & Remolona, Eli M., 2008.
"Information flows during the Asian crisis: Evidence from closed-end funds,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 636-653, June.
- Benjamin H Cohen & Eli M Remolona, 2001. "Information flows during the Asian crisis: evidence from closed-end funds," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Market liquidity: proceedings of a workshop held at the BIS, volume 2, pages 30-75, Bank for International Settlements.
- Eli M Remolona & Benjamin H. Cohen, 2000. "Information flows during the asian crisis: evidence from closed-end funds," BIS Working Papers 97, Bank for International Settlements.
- Holt, Bryce R. & Irwin, Scott H., 2000. "The Effects Of Futures Trading By Large Hedge Funds And Ctas On Market Volatility," 2000 Conference, April 17-18 2000, Chicago, Illinois 18935, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Getmansky, Mila & Lo, Andrew W. & Makarov, Igor, 2004.
"An econometric model of serial correlation and illiquidity in hedge fund returns,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(3), pages 529-609, December.
- Mila Getmansky & Andrew W. Lo & Igor Makarov, 2003. "An Econometric Model of Serial Correlation and Illiquidity in Hedge Fund Returns," NBER Working Papers 9571, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Getmansky, Mila & Lo, Andrew & Makarov, Igor, 2003. "An Econometric Model of Serial Correlation and Illiquidity In Hedge Fund Returns," Working papers 4288-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- William N. Goetzmann & Jonathan E. Ingersoll, Jr. & Matthew I. Spiegel & Ivo Welch, 2002.
"Sharpening Sharpe Ratios,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm29, Yale School of Management.
- William N. Goetzmann & Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. & Matthew I. Spiegel & Ivo Welch, 2002. "Sharpening Sharpe Ratios," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm273, Yale School of Management.
- William Goetzmann & Jonathan Ingersoll & Matthew I. Spiegel & Ivo Welch, 2002. "Sharpening Sharpe Ratios," NBER Working Papers 9116, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A., 2000. "Measuring the market impact of hedge funds," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 1-36, May.
- C. Y. Cyrus Chu & Jason J. H. Yeh, 2005. "Insuring Against Self-Fulfilling Financial Crises," International Journal of Business and Economics, School of Management Development, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 4(2), pages 123-139, August.
- Izabela Pruchnicka-Grabias, 2014. "The Influence Of Confidence Level, Correlation And Volatility On Value At Risk. Six Case Studies," Interdisciplinary Management Research, Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek, Faculty of Economics, Croatia, vol. 10, pages 565-581.
- Jomo K.S., 2005. "Malaysia´S September 1998 Controls: Background, Context, Impacts, Comparisons, Implications, Lessons," G-24 Discussion Papers 36, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Herz, Christian & Neunert, Daniela & Will, Sebastian & Wolf, Niko J. & Zwick, Tobias, 2012. "Portfolioallokation: Einbezug verschiedener Assetklassen," Bayreuth Working Papers on Finance, Accounting and Taxation (FAcT-Papers) 2012-01, University of Bayreuth, Chair of Finance and Banking.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2001. "Market liquidity: proceedings of a workshop held at the BIS," BIS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 02, 09-2017.
- Robotti, Paola, 2006. "Hedge funds and financial stability: explaining the debate at the financial stability forum," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24514, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Arjen Siegmann & Denitsa Stefanova, 2011. "Market Liquidity and Exposure of Hedge Funds," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-150/2/DSF27, Tinbergen Institute.
- Kregel, J A, 1998.
"Derivatives and Global Capital Flows: Applications to Asia,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 22(6), pages 677-692, November.
- J. A. Kregel, 1998. "Derivatives and Global Capital Flows: Applications to Asia," Macroeconomics 9809001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jan A. Kregel, 1998. "Derivatives and Global Capital Flows: Applications to Asia," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_246, Levy Economics Institute.
- Azman-Saini, W.N.W., 2006. "Hedge funds, exchange rates and causality: Evidence from Thailand and Malaysia," MPRA Paper 716, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marguerite Schneider & Lori Ryan, 2011. "A review of hedge funds and their investor activism: do they help or hurt other equity investors?," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 15(3), pages 349-374, August.
- repec:eee:aosoci:v:76:y:2019:i:c:p:12-31 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:6427. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.