Short-Term Contracts as a Monitoring Device
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 24(Win), pages 14-23.
- Douglas W. Diamond, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414.
- Kane, Edward J, 1989. "The High Cost of Incompletely Funding the FSLIC Shortage of Explicit Capital," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 31-47, Fall.
- Jaffee, Dwight M, 1989. "Symposium on Federal Deposit Insurance for S&L Institutions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 3-9, Fall.
- Douglas Gale & Martin Hellwig, 1985. "Incentive-Compatible Debt Contracts: The One-Period Problem," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(4), pages 647-663.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luis Opazo & Claudio Raddatz & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2015.
"Institutional Investors and Long-Term Investment: Evidence from Chile,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 29(3), pages 479-522.
- Opazo, Luis & Raddatz, Claudio & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2014. "Institutional investors and long-term investment : evidence from Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6922, The World Bank.
- Musalem, Alberto R. & Impavido, Gregorio & Tressel, Thierry, 2001. "Contractual savings, capital markets, and firms'financing choices," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2612, The World Bank.
- Impavido, Gregorio & Musalem, Alberto R. & Tressel, Thierry, 2001. "Contractual savings institutions and banks'stability and efficiency," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2751, The World Bank.
- Kharroubi, E., 2006. "Illiquidity, Financial Development and the Growth-Volatility Relationship Illiquidity, Financial Development and the Growth-Volatility Relationship," Working papers 139, Banque de France.
- Basu , Kaushik & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2013. "International lending, sovereign debt and joint liability : an economic theory model for amending the treaty of Lisbon," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6555, The World Bank.
- Alanis, Emmanuel & Beladi, Hamid & Quijano, Margot, 2015. "Uninsured deposits as a monitoring device: Their impact on bond yields of banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 77-88.
- Memmel, Christoph & Gündüz, Yalin & Raupach, Peter, 2015. "The common drivers of default risk," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 232-247.
- Fung, Simon Y.K. & Goodwin, John, 2013. "Short-term debt maturity, monitoring and accruals-based earnings management," Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 67-82.
- Juan J. Cortina & Tatiana Didier & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2018.
"Corporate debt maturity in developing countries: Sources of long and short‐termism,"
The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(12), pages 3288-3316, December.
- Juan J. Cortina & Tatiana Didier & Sergio L. Schmukler, 2017. "Corporate Debt Maturity in Developing Countries: Sources of Long- and Short-Termism," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 142, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Cortina Lorente,Juan Jose & Didier Brandao,Tatiana & Schmukler,Sergio L. & Cortina Lorente,Juan Jose & Didier Brandao,Tatiana & Schmukler,Sergio L., 2017. "Corporate debt maturity in developing countries : sources of long- and short-termism," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8222, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:4514. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.