The High Cost of Incompletely Funding the FSLIC Shortage of Explicit Capital
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 3 (1989)
Issue (Month): 4 (Fall)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.aeaweb.org/jep/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.aeaweb.org/subscribe.html|
- Patrick Rey & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1993. "Short-Term Contracts as a Monitoring Device," NBER Working Papers 4514, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John B. Shoven & Scott B. Smart & Joel Waldfogel, 1992.
"Real Interest Rates and the Savings and Loan Crisis: The Moral Hazard Premium,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 155-167, Winter.
- John B. Shoven & Scott B. Smart & Joel Waldfogel, 1991. "Real Interest Rates and the Savings and Loan Crisis: The Moral Hazard Premium," NBER Working Papers 3754, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas Romer & Barry R. Weingast, 1991. "Political Foundations of the Thrift Debacle," NBER Chapters,in: Politics and Economics in the Eighties, pages 175-214 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Romer, T. & Weingast, B.R., 1990. "Political Foundations Of The Thrift Debacle," GSIA Working Papers 1990-14, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Iskandar Hamwi & Tim Hudson & Yueyun Chen, 2004. "Solvency regulation in the property-liability insurance industry," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 10(4), pages 313-327, November.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:10:y:2004:i:4:p:313-327 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark M. Spiegel, 1996. "Fixed-premium deposit insurance and international credit crunches," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 3-15.
- Mark M. Spiegel, 1994. "Fixed-premium deposit insurance and international credit crunches," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 94-19, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- DeYoung, Robert & Kowalik, Michal & Reidhill, Jack, 2013. "A theory of failed bank resolution: Technological change and political economics," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 612-627.
- John S. Jordan, 1998. "Resolving a banking crisis: what worked in New England," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Sep, pages 49-62.
- George J. Benston & George G. Kaufman, 1997. "FDICIA after Five Years," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 139-158, Summer.
- Mark Pingle & Leigh Tesfatsion, 1993. "``Active Intermediation in a Monetary Overlapping Generations Economy''," Macroeconomics 9312001, EconWPA, revised 04 Dec 1993.
- Pingle, Mark & Tesfatsion, Leigh S., 1998. "Active Intermediation in a Monetary Overlapping Generations Economy," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1954, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Boldin, Robert & Leggett, Keith, 1995. "Bank dividend policy as a signal of bank quality," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-8.
- Cebula, Richard, 1999. "Determinants of the Rate of Return on Commercial Bank Assets, 1933-1998," MPRA Paper 61414, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Blum, Jürg M., 2008. "Why 'Basel II' may need a leverage ratio restriction," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1699-1707, August.
- Kupiec, Paul H. & Ramirez, Carlos D., 2013. "Bank failures and the cost of systemic risk: Evidence from 1900 to 1930," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 285-307.
- Dahl, Drew & Spivey, Michael F., 1995. "Prompt corrective action and bank efforts to recover from undercapitalization," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 225-243, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:3:y:1989:i:4:p:31-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros)or (Michael P. Albert)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed