The High Cost of Incompletely Funding the FSLIC Shortage of Explicit Capital
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ana Fontoura Gouveia & Christian Osterhold, 2018. "Fear the walking dead: zombie firms, spillovers and exit barriers," Working Papers w201811, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Iskandar Hamwi & Tim Hudson & Yueyun Chen, 2004. "Solvency regulation in the property-liability insurance industry," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 10(4), pages 313-327, November.
- Mark M. Spiegel, 1996.
"Fixed-premium deposit insurance and international credit crunches,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 3-15.
- Mark M. Spiegel, 1994. "Fixed-premium deposit insurance and international credit crunches," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 94-19, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Nicole Boyson & Jean Helwege & Jan Jindra, 2014. "Crises, Liquidity Shocks, and Fire Sales at Commercial Banks," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 43(4), pages 857-884, December.
- Boldin, Robert & Leggett, Keith, 1995. "Bank dividend policy as a signal of bank quality," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-8.
- Blum, Jürg M., 2008.
"Why 'Basel II' may need a leverage ratio restriction,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1699-1707, August.
- Jürg M. Blum, 2007. "Why 'Basel II' May Need a Leverage Ratio Restriction," Working Papers 2007-04, Swiss National Bank.
- repec:spr:infosf:v:14:y:2012:i:5:d:10.1007_s10796-012-9370-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- John B. Shoven & Scott B. Smart & Joel Waldfogel, 1992.
"Real Interest Rates and the Savings and Loan Crisis: The Moral Hazard Premium,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 155-167, Winter.
- John B. Shoven & Scott B. Smart & Joel Waldfogel, 1991. "Real Interest Rates and the Savings and Loan Crisis: The Moral Hazard Premium," NBER Working Papers 3754, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pingle, Mark & Tesfatsion, Leigh, 1998.
"Active intermediation in a monetary overlapping generations economy1,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 22(10), pages 1543-1574, August.
- Mark Pingle & Leigh Tesfatsion, 1993. "``Active Intermediation in a Monetary Overlapping Generations Economy''," Macroeconomics 9312001, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Dec 1993.
- Pingle, M. & Tesfatsion, Leigh S., 1998. "Active Intermediation in an Monetary Overlapping Generations Economy," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1227, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Pingle, Mark & Tesfatsion, Leigh S., 1998. "Active Intermediation in a Monetary Overlapping Generations Economy," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1954, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Pingle, Mark & Tesfatsion, Leigh, 1998. "Active intermediation in a monetary overlapping generations economy," ISU General Staff Papers 199801010800001027, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Lawrence J. White, 2015. "When Time is Not on Our Side: The Costs of Regulatory Forbearance in the Closure of Insolvent Banks," Working Papers 15-05, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Thomas Romer & Barry R. Weingast, 1991. "Political Foundations of the Thrift Debacle," NBER Chapters,in: Politics and Economics in the Eighties, pages 175-214 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:10:y:2004:i:4:p:313-327 is not listed on IDEAS
- DeYoung, Robert & Kowalik, Michal & Reidhill, Jack, 2013. "A theory of failed bank resolution: Technological change and political economics," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 612-627.
- George J. Benston & George G. Kaufman, 1997. "FDICIA after Five Years," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 139-158, Summer.
- repec:gam:jsoctx:v:9:y:2019:i:1:p:6-:d:198936 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hundtofte, Sean, 2017. "Does going easy on distressed banks help the macroeconomy?," Staff Reports 823, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, revised 01 Jan 2018.
- repec:eee:jbfina:v:80:y:2017:i:c:p:235-249 is not listed on IDEAS
- João Granja & Christian Leuz, 2017.
"The Death of a Regulator: Strict Supervision, Bank Lending and Business Activity,"
NBER Working Papers
24168, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leuz, Christian & Granja, João, 2018. "The death of a regulator: Strict supervision, bank lending and business activity," CFS Working Paper Series 610, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Patrick Rey & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1993. "Short-Term Contracts as a Monitoring Device," NBER Working Papers 4514, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John S. Jordan, 1998. "Resolving a banking crisis: what worked in New England," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Sep, pages 49-62.
- Cebula, Richard, 1999. "Determinants of the Rate of Return on Commercial Bank Assets, 1933-1998," MPRA Paper 61414, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kupiec, Paul H. & Ramirez, Carlos D., 2013. "Bank failures and the cost of systemic risk: Evidence from 1900 to 1930," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 285-307.
- Dahl, Drew & Spivey, Michael F., 1995. "Prompt corrective action and bank efforts to recover from undercapitalization," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 225-243, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:3:y:1989:i:4:p:31-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.