Cost of Service Regulation in U.S. Health Care: Minimum Medical Loss Ratios
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steve Cicala, 2015.
"When Does Regulation Distort Costs? Lessons from Fuel Procurement in US Electricity Generation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 411-444.
- Steve Cicala, 2013. "When Does Regulation Distort Costs? Lessons from Fuel Procurement in U.S. Electricity Generation," Working Papers BFI_2013-006, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Steve Cicala, 2014. "When Does Regulation Distort Costs? Lessons from Fuel Procurement in U.S. Electricity Generation," NBER Working Papers 20109, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pinar Karaca‐Mandic & Jean M. Abraham & Kosali Simon, 2015. "Is The Medical Loss Ratio A Good Target Measure For Regulation In The Individual Market For Health Insurance?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 55-74, January.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, January.
- Depew, Briggs & Bailey, James, 2015.
"Did the Affordable Care Act's dependent coverage mandate increase premiums?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1-14.
- Briggs Depew & James Bailey, 2014. "Did the Affordable Care Act's Dependent Coverage Mandate Increase Premiums?," Departmental Working Papers 2014-07, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Leemore Dafny & Subramaniam Ramanarayanan, 2012. "Does it Matter if Your Health Insurer is For-Profit? Effects of Ownership on Premiums, Insurance Coverage, and Medical Spending," NBER Working Papers 18286, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gabriel Picone & Shin-Yi Chou & Frank Sloan, 2002. "Are For-Profit Hospital Conversions Harmful to Patients and to Medicare?," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(3), pages 507-523, Autumn.
- Meredith Fowlie, 2010. "Emissions Trading, Electricity Restructuring, and Investment in Pollution Abatement," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(3), pages 837-869, June.
- Dranove, David & Shanley, Mark & White, William D, 1993. "Price and Concentration in Hospital Markets: The Switch from Patient-Driven to Payer-Driven Competition," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 179-204, April.
- Liran Einav & Amy Finkelstein & Neale Mahoney, 2017. "Provider Incentives and Healthcare Costs: Evidence from Long-Term Care Hospitals," NBER Working Papers 23100, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel W. Sacks & Khoa Vu & Tsan-Yao Huang & Pinar Karaca-Mandic, 2017. "The Effect of the Risk Corridors Program on Marketplace Premiums and Participation," NBER Working Papers 24129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
- L98 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-05-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2017-05-21 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2017-05-21 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-REG-2017-05-21 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:23353. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .