Cost of Service Regulation in U.S. Health Care: Minimum Medical Loss Ratios
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Steve Cicala, 2015.
"When Does Regulation Distort Costs? Lessons from Fuel Procurement in US Electricity Generation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 105(1), pages 411-444, January.
- Steve Cicala, 2013. "When Does Regulation Distort Costs? Lessons from Fuel Procurement in U.S. Electricity Generation," Working Papers BFI_2013-006, Becker Friedman Institute for Research In Economics.
- Steve Cicala, 2014. "When Does Regulation Distort Costs? Lessons from Fuel Procurement in U.S. Electricity Generation," NBER Working Papers 20109, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pinar Karaca‐Mandic & Jean M. Abraham & Kosali Simon, 2015. "Is The Medical Loss Ratio A Good Target Measure For Regulation In The Individual Market For Health Insurance?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 55-74, January.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, January.
- Depew, Briggs & Bailey, James, 2015.
"Did the Affordable Care Act's dependent coverage mandate increase premiums?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 1-14.
- Briggs Depew & James Bailey, 2014. "Did the Affordable Care Act's Dependent Coverage Mandate Increase Premiums?," Departmental Working Papers 2014-07, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Leemore Dafny & Subramaniam Ramanarayanan, 2012. "Does it Matter if Your Health Insurer is For-Profit? Effects of Ownership on Premiums, Insurance Coverage, and Medical Spending," NBER Working Papers 18286, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gabriel Picone & Shin-Yi Chou & Frank Sloan, 2002. "Are For-Profit Hospital Conversions Harmful to Patients and to Medicare?," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(3), pages 507-523, Autumn.
- Meredith Fowlie, 2010. "Emissions Trading, Electricity Restructuring, and Investment in Pollution Abatement," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(3), pages 837-869, June.
- Dranove, David & Shanley, Mark & White, William D, 1993. "Price and Concentration in Hospital Markets: The Switch from Patient-Driven to Payer-Driven Competition," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 179-204, April.
- Liran Einav & Amy Finkelstein & Neale Mahoney, 2017. "Provider Incentives and Healthcare Costs: Evidence from Long-Term Care Hospitals," NBER Working Papers 23100, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel W. Sacks & Khoa Vu & Tsan-Yao Huang & Pinar Karaca-Mandic, 2017. "The Effect of the Risk Corridors Program on Marketplace Premiums and Participation," NBER Working Papers 24129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:jhecon:v:57:y:2018:i:c:p:75-88 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- L5 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy
- L98 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-05-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2017-05-21 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2017-05-21 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-REG-2017-05-21 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:23353. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.