Report NEP-IAS-2017-05-21This is the archive for NEP-IAS, a report on new working papers in the area of Insurance Economics. Soumitra K. Mallick issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Maclean, J. Catherine & Saloner, Brendan, 2017. "The Effect of Public Insurance Expansions on Substance Use Disorder Treatment: Evidence from the Affordable Care Act," IZA Discussion Papers 10745, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Steve Cicala & Ethan M.J. Lieber & Victoria Marone, 2017. "Cost of Service Regulation in U.S. Health Care: Minimum Medical Loss Ratios," NBER Working Papers 23353, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ralph S.J. Koijen & Motohiro Yogo, 2017. "Risk of Life Insurers: Recent Trends and Transmission Mechanisms," NBER Working Papers 23365, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tomoyuki Nakajima & Shuhei Takahashi, 2017. "The Effectiveness of Consumption Taxes and Transfers as Insurance against Idiosyncratic Risk," UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series 074, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- Bocoum, Fadima & Grimm, Michael & Hartwig, Renate & Zongo, Nathalie, 2017. "Nudging Households to Take Up Health Insurance: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment in Burkina Faso," IZA Discussion Papers 10744, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Carlsen, Benedicte & Nyborg, Karine, 2017. "Healer or Gatekeeper? Physicians' Role Conflict When Symptoms Are Non-Verifiable," IZA Discussion Papers 10735, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Teresa Ghilarducci, 2017. "Innovations in Protecting the Old: Mostly Social Insurance and Some Assets," SCEPA working paper series. 2017-05, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Thomas Le Barbanchon & Roland Rathelot & Alexandra Roulet, 2017. "Unemployment Insurance and Reservation Wages: Evidence from Administrative Data," NBER Working Papers 23406, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Popovici, Ioana & Maclean, J. Catherine & French, Michael, 2017. "The Effects of Health Insurance Parity Laws for Substance Use Disorder Treatment on Traffic Fatalities: Evidence of Unintended Benefits," IZA Discussion Papers 10746, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Nobuki Mochida, 2016. ""Midium-sized Social Spending with Low Tax Burden -tax payerâ€™s attitude about Japanâ€™s fiscal conundrum-" (in Japanese)," CIRJE J-Series CIRJE-J-283, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Bénédicte Apouey, 2017. "Preparation for old age in France: The roles of preferences and expectations," PSE Working Papers halshs-01489215, HAL.
- Alcidi, Cinzia & Thirion, Gilles, 2016. "Assessing the Euro Area’s Shock-Absorption Capacity - Risk sharing, consumption smoothing and fiscal policyAbstract: Based on a combination of quantitative analysis and a qualitative forward-looking a," CEPS Papers 11875, Centre for European Policy Studies.