Characteristics of Hostile and Friendly Takeover Targets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles Brown & James L. Medoff, 1988. "The Impact of Firm Acquisitions on Labor," NBER Chapters,in: Corporate Takeovers: Causes and Consequences, pages 9-32 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-329, May.
- Murphy, Kevin J., 1985. "Corporate performance and managerial remuneration : An empirical analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1-3), pages 11-42, April.
- Demsetz, Harold & Lehn, Kenneth, 1985. "The Structure of Corporate Ownership: Causes and Consequences," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(6), pages 1155-1177, December.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1988. "Value Maximization and the Acquisition Process," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(1), pages 7-20, Winter.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1988. "Management ownership and market valuation : An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 293-315, January.
- Ralph A. Walkling & Michael S. Long, 1984. "Agency Theory, Managerial Welfare, and Takeover Bid Resistance," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(1), pages 54-68, Spring.
- Palepu, Krishna G., 1986. "Predicting takeover targets : A methodological and empirical analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 3-35, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1989.
"Alternative Mechanisms for Corporate Control,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 842-852, September.
- Randall Morck & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1988. "Alternative Mechanisms for Corporate Control," NBER Working Papers 2532, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall Morck & Andrel Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1988. "Alternative Mechanisms for Corporate Control," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 52, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Don Goldstein, 2000. "Hostile Takeovers as Corporate Governance? Evidence from the 1980s," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 381-402.
- Morten Bennedsen & Kasper Nielsen & Francisco Pérez-González & Daniel Wolfenzon, 2005. "Inside the Family Firm: The Role of Families in Succession Decisions and Performance," CIE Discussion Papers 2005-13, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics, revised Sep 2005.
- Bennedsen, Morten & Nielsen, Kasper & Pérez-González, Francisco & Wolfenzon, Daniel, 2005. "Inside the Family Firm," Working Papers 21-2005, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Mohd Irfan, 2011.
"The role of executives in hostile takeover attempts,"
Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination,
Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 6(1), pages 29-40, May.
- Mohd, Irfan, 2010. "The Role of Executives in Hostile Takeover Attempts," MPRA Paper 22123, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Apr 2010.
- Song, Moon H. & Walkling, Ralph A., 2004. "Anticipation, Acquisitions and the Bidder Return Puzzle," Working Paper Series 2004-15, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Lynn E. Browne & Eric S. Rosengren, 1987. "Are hostile takeovers different?," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 31, pages 199-242.
- Lynn E. Browne & Eric S. Rosengren, 1988. "The merger boom: proceedings of a conference held October 1987," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 31(Oct).
- Charlie Weir & David Laing, 2003. "Ownership structure, board composition and the market for corporate control in the UK: an empirical analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(16), pages 1747-1759.
- Ana I. Fernández & Silvia Gómez-Ansón, 1999. "Un estudio de las Ofertas Públicas de Adquisición en el mercado de valores español," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 23(3), pages 471-495, September.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes, 2007. "Corporate Governance in Latin America," Research Department Publications 4494, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes, 2007. "Gobierno Corporativo en América Latina," Research Department Publications 4495, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Van Beers, Cees & Dekker, Ronald, 2009. "Acquisitions, Divestitures and Innovation Performance in the Netherlands," MPRA Paper 13464, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gregor Andrade & Mark Mitchell & Erik Stafford, 2001. "New Evidence and Perspectives on Mergers," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 103-120, Spring.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:2295. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.