Racial and Gender Discrimination in Transportation Network Companies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hughes, Ryan & MacKenzie, Don, 2016. "Transportation network company wait times in Greater Seattle, and relationship to socioeconomic indicators," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 36-44.
- Benjamin Edelman & Micahel Luca, 2014. "Digital Discrimination: The Case of Airbnb.com," Harvard Business School Working Papers 14-054, Harvard Business School.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xu, Zhengtian & Yin, Yafeng & Zha, Liteng, 2017. "Optimal parking provision for ride-sourcing services," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 559-578.
- Valeria Andreoni, 2020. "The Trap of Success: A Paradox of Scale for Sharing Economy and Degrowth," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(8), pages 1-1, April.
- Farajallah, Mehdi & Hammond, Robert G. & Pénard, Thierry, 2019.
"What drives pricing behavior in Peer-to-Peer markets? Evidence from the carsharing platform BlaBlaCar,"
Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 15-31.
- Mehdi Farajallah & Robert G. Hammond & Thierry Pénard, 2016. "What Drives Pricing Behavior in Peer-to-Peer Markets? Evidence from the Carsharing Platform BlaBlaCar," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 2016-12, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Mehdi Farajallah & Robert Hammond & Thierry Pénard, 2019. "What drives pricing behavior in Peer-to-Peer markets? Evidence from the carsharing platform blablacar," Post-Print halshs-02012097, HAL.
- Tang, Johnny Jiahao, 2020.
"Individual heterogeneity and cultural attitudes in credence goods provision,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 126(C).
- Johnny Tang, 2020. "Individual Heterogeneity and Cultural Attitudes in Credence Goods Provision," Papers 2010.08386, arXiv.org.
- Anja Lambrecht & Catherine Tucker, 2019. "Algorithmic Bias? An Empirical Study of Apparent Gender-Based Discrimination in the Display of STEM Career Ads," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 65(7), pages 2966-2981, July.
- Boyd-Swan, Casey & Herbst, Chris M., 2017. "The Demand for Teacher Characteristics in the Market for Child Care: Evidence from a Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 10702, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Martin, Elliot PhD & Pan, Alexandra & Shaheen, Susan, 2020. "An Evaluation Of Free- Floating Carsharing In Oakland, California," Institute of Transportation Studies, Research Reports, Working Papers, Proceedings qt3j722968, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Berkeley.
- Wang, Hai & Yang, Hai, 2019. "Ridesourcing systems: A framework and review," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 122-155.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Palikot, Emil, 2020.
"Sharing when stranger equals danger: Ridesharing during Covid-19 pandemic,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
15202, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ivaldi, Marc & Palikot, Emil, 2020. "Sharing when stranger equals danger: Ridesharing during Covid-19 pandemic," TSE Working Papers 20-1135, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Sander WAGNER & Ivaylo D. PETEV, 2019. "The Economic Penalty of Terrorism: Increase in Discrimination Against Arabs and Muslims after Paris Attacks," Working Papers 2019-22, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Ge, Yanbo & Knittel, Christopher R. & MacKenzie, Don & Zoepf, Stephen, 2020. "Racial discrimination in transportation network companies," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 190(C).
- Cohen, Scott A. & Hopkins, Debbie, 2019. "Autonomous vehicles and the future of urban tourism," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 33-42.
- Ruomeng Cui & Jun Li & Dennis J. Zhang, 2020. "Reducing Discrimination with Reviews in the Sharing Economy: Evidence from Field Experiments on Airbnb," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 66(3), pages 1071-1094, March.
- Wang, Sicheng & Smart, Michael, 2020. "The disruptive effect of ridesourcing services on for-hire vehicle drivers’ income and employment," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 13-23.
- Kartik K. Ganju & Hilal Atasoy & Jeffery McCullough & Brad Greenwood, 2020. "The Role of Decision Support Systems in Attenuating Racial Biases in Healthcare Delivery," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 66(11), pages 5171-5181, November.
- Zhi (Aaron) Cheng & Min-Seok Pang & Paul A. Pavlou, 2020. "Mitigating Traffic Congestion: The Role of Intelligent Transportation Systems," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 31(3), pages 653-674, September.
- John M. Barrios & Yael Hochberg & Hanyi Yi, 2020. "The Cost of Convenience: Ridehailing and Traffic Fatalities," NBER Working Papers 26783, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shengwu Li, 2017. "Ethics and market design," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(4), pages 705-720.
- Cornel Nesseler & Carlos Gomez-Gonzalez & Helmut Dietl, 2019. "What’s in a name? Measuring access to social activities with a field experiment," Palgrave Communications, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 5(1), pages 1-7, December.
More about this item
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- R4 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EXP-2016-11-06 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-GEN-2016-11-06 (Gender)
- NEP-PAY-2016-11-06 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-TRE-2016-11-06 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:22776. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.