How Does Health Promotion Work? Evidence From The Dirty Business of Eliminating Open Defecation
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vyas, Sangita & Kov, Phyrum & Smets, Susanna & Spears, Dean, 2016. "Disease externalities and net nutrition: Evidence from changes in sanitation and child height in Cambodia, 2005–2010," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 235-245.
- Rosangela Bando & Sebastian Galiani & Paul Gertler, 2020.
"The Effects of Noncontributory Pensions on Material and Subjective Well-Being,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(4), pages 1233-1255.
- Rosangela Bando & Sebastian Galiani & Paul Gertler, 2016. "The Effects of Non-Contributory Pensions on Material and Subjective Well Being," NBER Working Papers 22995, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bando, Rosangela & Galiani, Sebastián & Gertler, Paul, 2019. "The Effects of Non-Contributory Pensions on Material and Subjective Well Being," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 8563, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Michael Geruso & Dean Spears, 2018. "Neighborhood Sanitation and Infant Mortality," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 125-162, April.
- Andrew Dustan & Juan Manuel Hernandez-Agramonte & Stanislao Maldonado, 2018. "Motivating bureaucrats with non-monetary incentives when state capacity is weak: Evidence from large-scale," Natural Field Experiments 00664, The Field Experiments Website.
- Adukia,Anjali & Alsan,Marcella & Babiarz,Kim & Goldhaber-Fiebert,Jeremy D. & Prince,Lea, 2020. "Religion and Sanitation Practices," Policy Research Working Paper Series 9131, The World Bank.
- Cameron, Lisa A. & Olivia, Susan & Shah, Manisha, 2015. "Initial Conditions Matter: Social Capital and Participatory Development," IZA Discussion Papers 9563, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Deepak Saraswat, 2018. "Gender Composition of Children and Sanitation Behavior In India," Working papers 2018-12, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Evan Plous Kresch & Molly Lipscomb & Laura Schechter, 2020. "Externalities and Spillovers from Sanitation and Waste Management in Urban and Rural Neighborhoods," Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 42(3), pages 395-420, September.
- Dustan, Andrew & Maldonado, Stanislao & Hernandez-Agramonte, Juan Manuel, 2018.
"Motivating bureaucrats with non-monetary incentives when state capacity is weak: Evidence from large-scale field experiments in Peru,"
90952, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dustan, A & Maldonado, S & Hernandez A, J.M., 2019. "Motivating bureaucrats with non-monetary incentives when state capacity is weak: Evidence from large-scale field experiments in Peru," Documentos de Trabajo 017106, Universidad del Rosario.
- Andrew Dustan & Stanislao Maldonado & Juan Manuel Hernandez-Agramonte, 2018. "Motivating bureaucrats with non-monetary incentives when state capacity is weak: Evidence from large-scale field experiments in Peru," Working Papers 136, Peruvian Economic Association.
- María Laura Alzúa & Habiba Djebbari & Amy J. Pickering, 2020. "A community based program promotes sanitation," AMSE Working Papers 1857, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, France.
- María Laura Alzúa & Habiba Djebbari & Amy J. Pickering, 2018. "A community based program promotes sanitation," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0228, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Ray, Rita & Datta, Rajlakshmi, 2017. "Do separate female toilets in primary and upper primary schools improve female enrollment? A case study from India," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 263-273.
- Spears, Dean, 2020. "Exposure to open defecation can account for the Indian enigma of child height," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(C).
- Maria Laura Alzua & Habiba Djebbari & Amy J. Pickering, 2018. "A community based program promotes sanitation," Working Papers halshs-02462885, HAL.
- Hammer, Jeffrey & Spears, Dean, 2016. "Village sanitation and child health: Effects and external validity in a randomized field experiment in rural India," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 135-148.
- Cameron, Lisa & Chase, Claire & Haque, Sabrina & Joseph, George & Pinto, Rebekah & Wang, Qiao, 2021. "Childhood stunting and cognitive effects of water and sanitation in Indonesia," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 40(C).
- Guiteras, Raymond & Levinsohn, James A & Mobarak, Ahmed Mushfiq, 2019. "Demand Estimation with Strategic Complementarities: Sanitation in Bangladesh," CEPR Discussion Papers 13498, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- I15 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Economic Development
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2015-03-13 (Development)
- NEP-EXP-2015-03-13 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-HEA-2015-03-13 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IND-2005-01-03 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-SEA-2015-03-13 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:20997. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.