Is a VC Partnership Greater than the Sum of its Partners?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michael Ewens & Matthew Rhodes-Kropf, 2015. "Is a VC Partnership Greater Than the Sum of Its Partners?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 70(3), pages 1081-1113, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Cornelissen, 2008. "The Stata command felsdvreg to fit a linear model with two high-dimensional fixed effects," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 8(2), pages 170-189, June.
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1, January.
- Michael Kremer, 1993. "The O-Ring Theory of Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 551-575.
- Bottazzi, Laura & Da Rin, Marco & Hellmann, Thomas, 2008.
"Who are the active investors?: Evidence from venture capital,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 488-512, September.
- L. Bottazzi & M. Da Rin & T. Hellmann, 2007. "Who are the active investors? Evidence from Venture Capital," Working Papers 611, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Bottazzi, L. & Da Rin, M. & Hellmann, T., 2008. "Who are the active investors? Evidence from venture capital," Other publications TiSEM 9336411f-ac48-4fad-8a2c-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Gompers, Paul & Kovner, Anna & Lerner, Josh & Scharfstein, David, 2010. "Performance persistence in entrepreneurship," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 18-32, April.
- Marianne Bertrand & Antoinette Schoar, 2003.
"Managing with Style: The Effect of Managers on Firm Policies,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 118(4), pages 1169-1208.
- Bertrand, Marianne & Schoar, Antoinette, 2003. "Managing With Style: The Effect of Managers on Firm Policies," Working papers 4280-02, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Thomas Hellmann & Manju Puri, 2002.
"Venture Capital and the Professionalization of Start-Up Firms: Empirical Evidence,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 169-197, February.
- Hellmann, Thomas F. & Puri, Manju, 2000. "Venture Capital and the Professionalization of Start-up Firms: Empirical Evidence," Research Papers 1661, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Josh Lerner & Antoinette Schoar & Wan Wongsunwai, 2007.
"Smart Institutions, Foolish Choices: The Limited Partner Performance Puzzle,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 62(2), pages 731-764, April.
- Josh Lerner & Antoinette Schoar & Wan Wong, 2005. "Smart Institutions, Foolish Choices? The Limited Partner Performance Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 11136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Phalippou, Ludovic, 2010. "Venture capital funds: Flow-performance relationship and performance persistence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 568-577, March.
- John R. Graham & Si Li & Jiaping Qiu, 2012. "Managerial Attributes and Executive Compensation," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 25(1), pages 144-186.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Humphery-Jenner, Mark & Suchard, Jo-Ann, 2013. "Foreign VCs and venture success: Evidence from China," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 16-35.
- Michael Ewens & Charles M. Jones & Matthew Rhodes-Kropf, 2013.
"The Price of Diversifiable Risk in Venture Capital and Private Equity,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 26(8), pages 1854-1889.
- Michael Ewens & Charles Jones & Matthew Rhodes-Kropf, "undated". "The Price of Diversifiable Risk in Venture Capital and Private Equity," GSIA Working Papers 2012-E55, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- repec:eee:pacfin:v:48:y:2018:i:c:p:162-185 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jfinec:v:124:y:2017:i:3:p:535-562 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:19120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.