The Energy-Policy Efficiency Gap: Was There Ever Support for Gasoline Taxes?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher R. Knittel, 2012.
"Reducing Petroleum Consumption from Transportation,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 93-118, Winter.
- Christopher R. Knittel, 2012. "Reducing Petroleum Consumption from Transportation," NBER Working Papers 17724, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smith, Rodney T, 1982. "An Economic Analysis of Income Growth by U.S. Oil Firms: The Roles of U.S. Oil Regulation and OPEC," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55(4), pages 427-478, October.
- Deacon, Robert T & Sonstelie, Jon, 1985. "Rationing by Waiting and the Value of Time: Results from a Natural Experiment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(4), pages 627-647, August.
- Alan A. Tait & David R. Morgan, 1980. "Gasoline Taxation in Selected OECD Countries, 1970-79 (Taxation de l'essence dans certains pays de l'OCDE, 1970-79) (Los impuestos a la gasolina en un grupo de paÃses miembros de la OCDE, 1970-79)," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 27(2), pages 349-379, June.
More about this item
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- K32 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Energy, Environmental, Health, and Safety Law
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
- L62 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Automobiles; Other Transportation Equipment; Related Parts and Equipment
- L91 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Transportation: General
- Q38 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy (includes OPEC Policy)
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2013-01-19 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-REG-2013-01-19 (Regulation)
- NEP-TRE-2013-01-19 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:18685. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .