Productivity Growth in the Automobile Industry, 1970-1980: A Comparisonof Canada, Japan and the United States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Norsworthy, J R & Malmquist, David H, 1983. "Input Measurement and Productivity Growth in Japanese and U.S. Manufacturing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 947-967, December.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Melvyn A. Fuss, 1982. "Productivity Measurement Using Capital Asset Valuation to Adjust for Variations in Utilization," NBER Working Papers 0895, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- M. Denny & M. Fuss & J. D. May, 1981. "Intertemporal Changes in Regional Productivity in Canadian Manufacturing," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 14(3), pages 390-408, August.
- Michael Denny & M. Fuss & C. Everson & L. Waverman, 1981. "Estimating the Effects of Diffusion of Technological Innovations in Telecommunications: The Production Structure of Bell Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 14(1), pages 24-43, February.
- Denny, Michael & Fuss, Melvyn, 1983. "A general approach to intertemporal and interspatial productivity comparisons," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 315-330, December.
- Diewert, W. E., 1976. "Exact and superlative index numbers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 115-145, May.
- Kim, Moshe, 1984. "The Beneficiaries of Trucking Regulation, Revisited," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(1), pages 227-241, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Melvyn A. Fuss & Leonard Waverman, 1986. "The Extent and Sources of Cost and Efficiency Differences Between U.S. and Japanese Automobile Producers," NBER Working Papers 1849, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Melvyn Fuss & Leonard Waverman, 1986. "The Canada-U.S. Auto Pact of 1965: An Experiment in Selective Trade Liberalization," NBER Working Papers 1953, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Melvyn Fuss & Leonard Waverman, 1991. "Productivity Growth in the Motor Vehicle Industry, 1970-1984: A Comparison of Canada, Japan, and the United States," NBER Chapters, in: Productivity Growth in Japan and the United States, pages 85-108, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- T. Bjørndal & K. G. Salvanes, 1995. "Gains From Deregulation? An Empirical Test For Efficiency Gains In The Norwegian Fish Farming Industry," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 113-126, January.
- Charles R. Hulten & Robert M. Schwab, 1993. "Endogenous Growth, Public Capital, and the Convergence of Regional Manufacturing Industries," NBER Working Papers 4538, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gavian, Sarah & Ehui, Simeon, 1999. "Measuring the production efficiency of alternative land tenure contracts in a mixed crop-livestock system in Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 37-49, January.
- Ehui, Simeon K. & Spencer, Dunstan S.C., 1992. "A General Approach for Evaluating the Economic Viability of Sustainability of Tropical Cropping Systems," 1992 Occasional Paper Series No. 6 197740, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Thirtle, Colin, 1986. "Problems in the Definition and Measurement of Technical Change and Productivity Growth in the U.K. Agricultural Sector," Manchester Working Papers in Agricultural Economics 232790, University of Manchester, School of Economics, Agricultural Economics Department.
- Donghyun Oh & Almas Heshmati & Hans Lööf, 2012.
"Technical change and total factor productivity growth for Swedish manufacturing and service industries,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(18), pages 2373-2391, June.
- Dong-hyun Oh & Almas Heshmati & Hans Loof, 2009. "Technical Change and Total Factor Productivity Growth for Swedish Manufacturing and Service Industries," TEMEP Discussion Papers 200912, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Sep 2009.
- Oh, Donghyun & Heshmati, Almas & Lööf, Hans, 2009. "Technical Change and Total Factor Productivity Growth for Swedish Manufacturing and Service Industries," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 193, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Donghyun Oh & Almas Heshmati & Hans Lööf, 2011. "Technical Change and Total Factor Productivity Growth for Swedish Manufacturing and Service Industries," Post-Print hal-00693831, HAL.
- Voigt, Peter, 2004. "Russlands Weg vom Plan zum Markt: Sektorale Trends und regionale Spezifika. Eine Analyse der Produktivitäts- und Effizienzentwicklungen in der Transformationsphase," Studies on the Agricultural and Food Sector in Transition Economies, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), volume 28, number 93021.
- Georg Erber ; Alfred Haid, 1991. "Total Factor Productivity in the Federal Republic of Germany (1970- 1989): Results for Mining and Manufacturing Industries," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 33, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Capalbo, Susan Marie, 1988. "Measuring The Components Of Aggregate Productivity Growth In U.S. Agriculture," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 13(1), pages 1-10, July.
- Hussain, Jakir & Bernard, Jean-Thomas, 2017.
"Regional productivity convergence: An analysis of the pulp and paper industries in U.S., Canada, Finland, and Sweden,"
Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 49-62.
- Jakir Hussain & Jean-Thomas Bernard, 2017. "Regional Productivity Convergence: An Analysis of the Pulp and Paper Industries in U.S., Canada, Finland and Sweden," Working Papers 1701E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Siwar Damak-Bahloul, 1991. "Rendements, substitutions et progrès techniques dans le service public tunisien des télécommunications," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 97(1), pages 49-60.
- David H. Good & M. Ishaq Nadiri & Robin C. Sickles, 1996.
"Index Number and Factor Demand Approaches to the Estimation of Productivity,"
NBER Working Papers
5790, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Good, D. & Nadiri, M.I. & Sickles, R., 1996. "Index Number and Factor Demand Approaches to the Estimarion of Productivity," Working Papers 96-34, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Kris Inwood & Ian Keay, 2005.
"Bigger establishments in thicker markets: can we explain early productivity differentials between Canada and the United States?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1327-1363, November.
- Kris Inwood & Ian Keay, 2005. "Bigger establishments in thicker markets: can we explain early productivity differentials between Canada and the United States?," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 38(4), pages 1327-1363, November.
- Gavin Cameron, 2005. "The Sun Also Rises: Productivity Convergence Between Japan and the USA," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 387-408, December.
- Gavin Cameron, 2000. "The Sun Also Rises: Productivity Convergence Between Japan and the USA," Economics Series Working Papers 45, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Georg Erber ; Alfred Haid, 1991. "Totale Faktorproduktivität in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland (1970- 1989): Ergebnisse für das produzierende Gewerbe," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 24, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Conrad, Klaus & Wastl, Dieter, 1996. "The Role of Production Organization, Infrastructure, and R&D in the Catching-up Process of Japanese to German Industries," Discussion Papers 541, Institut fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre und Statistik, Abteilung fuer Volkswirtschaftslehre.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:1735. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.