Insurer Bargaining and Negotiated Drug Prices in Medicare Part D
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Claudio Lucarelli & Jeffrey Prince & Kosali Simon, 2012.
"The Welfare Impact Of Reducing Choice In Medicare Part D: A Comparison Of Two Regulation Strategies,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 53(4), pages 1155-1177, November.
- Claudio Lucarelli & Jeffrey Prince & Kosali Simon, 2008. "The Welfare Impact of Reducing Choice in Medicare Part D: A Comparison of Two Regulation Strategies," NBER Working Papers 14296, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claudio Lucarelli & Jeffrey T. Prince & Kosali Simon, 2009. "The Welfare Impact of Reducing Choice in Medicare Part D: A Comparison of Two Regulation Strategies," Working Papers 2010-14, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Sara Fisher Ellison & Christopher M. Snyder, 2010. "COUNTERVAILING POWER IN WHOLESALE PHARMACEUTICALS -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(1), pages 32-53, March.
- Stole, Lars A & Zwiebel, Jeffrey, 1996. "Organizational Design and Technology Choice under Intrafirm Bargaining," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 195-222, March.
- Tasneem Chipty & Christopher M. Snyder, 1999. "The Role Of Firm Size In Bilateral Bargaining: A Study Of The Cable Television Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 326-340, May.
- Jonathan D. Ketcham & Kosali Simon, 2008. "Medicare Part D's Effects on Elderly Drug Costs and Utilization," NBER Working Papers 14326, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Katherine Ho, 2009.
"Insurer-Provider Networks in the Medical Care Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(1), pages 393-430, March.
- Katherine Ho, 2005. "Insurer-Provider Networks in the Medical Care Market," NBER Working Papers 11822, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard T. Carson & Yixiao Sun, 2007. "The Tobit model with a non-zero threshold," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 10(3), pages 488-502, November.
- Jason T. Abaluck & Jonathan Gruber, 2009. "Choice Inconsistencies Among the Elderly: Evidence from Plan Choice in the Medicare Part D Program," NBER Working Papers 14759, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexander Raskovich, 2003. "Pivotal Buyers and Bargaining Position," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(4), pages 405-426, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrew Stocking & James Baumgardner & Melinda Buntin & Anna Cook, 2014. "Examining the Number of Competitors and the Cost of Medicare Part D: Working Paper 2014-04," Working Papers 45553, Congressional Budget Office.
- Robin McKnight & Jonathan Reuter & Eric Zitzewitz, 2012. "Insurance as Delegated Purchasing: Theory and Evidence from Health Care," NBER Working Papers 17857, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- ., 2012. "Models of Negotiation and Bargaining in Health Care," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Health Economics, Second Edition, chapter 21 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2009-09-19 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2009-09-19 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:15330. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.