Federal Budget Rules: The US Experience
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alan J. Auerbach, 2003. "Fiscal Policy, Past and Present," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 34(1), pages 75-138.
- Dharmapala, Dhammika, 2006. "The Congressional budget process, aggregate spending, and statutory budget rules," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1-2), pages 119-141, January.
- Auerbach, Alan J., 2006. "Budget windows, sunsets, and fiscal control," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1-2), pages 87-100, January.
- James M. Poterba, 1996. "Do Budget Rules Work?," NBER Working Papers 5550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joris de Wind, 2014. "Time variation in the dynamic effects of unanticipated changes in tax policy," CPB Discussion Paper 271, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Alan J Auerbach, 2016.
"Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability in Advanced Economies,"
Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 142-154, May.
- Alan J. Auerbach, 2015. "Long-term fiscal sustainability in advanced economies," Governance Working Papers 24835, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Alan J Auerbach, 2016. "Long-Term Fiscal Sustainability in Advanced Economies," Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies 201614, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Alan J. Auerbach, 2015. "Long-term fiscal sustainability in advanced economies," EABER Working Papers 24835, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Patel, Urjit R., 2010. "Fiscal Rules in India: Are They Effective?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7810, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alan J. Auerbach, 2014. "Budget Rules and Fiscal Policy: Ten Lessons from Theory and Evidence," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 15(1), pages 84-99, February.
- Andersen, Jørgen Juel, 2011. "The form of government and fiscal dynamics," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 297-310, June.
- Hans Gersbach, 2014. "Government Debt-Threshold Contracts," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(1), pages 444-458, January.
- Lars P. Feld, 2010. "Sinnhaftigkeit und Effektivität der deutschen Schuldenbremse," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 11(3), pages 226-245, August.
- Alan J. Auerbach & William G. Gale & Benjamin H. Harris, 2010. "Activist Fiscal Policy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 24(4), pages 141-164, Fall.
- repec:bla:pbudge:v:37:y:2017:i:4:p:111-133 is not listed on IDEAS
- Momi Dahan & Michel Strawczynski, 2010. "Fiscal Rules and Composition Bias in OECD Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 3088, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alberto Botta, 2012.
"Conflicting Claims in the Eurozone? Austerity’s Myopic Logic and the Need for a European Federal Union in a post-Keynesian Eurozone Center-Periphery Model,"
DEM Working Papers Series
011, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Alberto Botta, 2012. "Conflicting Claims in the Eurozone? Austerity's Myopic Logic and the Need for a European Federal Union in a Post-Keynesian Eurozone Center-Periphery Model," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_740, Levy Economics Institute.
- Alain Geier, 2012. "Application of the Swiss Fiscal Rule to Artificial Data: A Monte Carlo Simulation," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 148(I), pages 37-55, March.
- Pinaki Chakraborty & Bharatee Bhusana Dash, 2017.
"Fiscal Reforms, Fiscal Rule, and Development Spending: How Indian States Have Performed?,"
Public Budgeting & Finance,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(4), pages 111-133, December.
- Chakraborty, Pinaki & Dash, Bharatee Bhusana, 2013. "Fiscal Reforms, Fiscal Rule and Development Spending: How Indian States have Performed?," Working Papers 13/122, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Afonso, António & Toffano, Priscilla, 2013.
"Fiscal regimes in the EU,"
Working Paper Series
1529, European Central Bank.
- António AFONSO & Priscilla TOFFANO, 2013. "Fiscal regimes in the EU," Working Papers Department of Economics ces13.06, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- António Afonso & Priscilla Toffano, 2013. "Fiscal regimes in the EU," Working Papers Department of Economics 2013/10, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Alan J. Auerbach, 2009. "Implementing the New Fiscal Policy Activism," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 543-549, May.
- Feld Lars P. & Baskaran Thushyanthan, 2010. "Federalism, Budget Deficits and Public Debt: On the Reform of Germany's Fiscal Constitution," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(3), pages 365-393, December.
- Popescu, Razvan-Florin & Prodan, Sergiu, 2010. "The analysis of budget rules and macroeconomic implications in several developed economies," MPRA Paper 25897, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Alan Auerbach, 2009. "US Experience with Federal Budget Rules," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 7(1), pages 41-48, 04.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:7:y:2009:i:1:p:14567022 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ray, Nikhil. & Velasquez, Agustin. & Islam, Iyanatul., 2015. "Fiscal rules, growth and employment : a developing country perspective," ILO Working Papers 994881313402676, International Labour Organization.
- Étienne Farvaque & Martial Foucault & Marcelin Joanis, 2015. "L’endettement public des provinces canadiennes : Les règles d’équilibre budgétaire sont-elles efficaces?," CIRANO Working Papers 2015s-10, CIRANO.
- Farvaque, Étienne & Foucault, Martial & Joanis, Marcelin, 2012. "Les règles budgétaires dans les provinces canadiennes : nomenclatures et éléments d’analyse," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 88(3), pages 281-315, Septembre.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:488131 is not listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Johannes Gerd & Gersbach, Hans & Grimm, Oliver, 2010. "Debt-sensitive Majority Rules," CEPR Discussion Papers 7860, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- H62 - Public Economics - - National Budget, Deficit, and Debt - - - Deficit; Surplus
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2008-09-05 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CDM-2008-09-05 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-PBE-2008-09-05 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2008-09-05 (Public Finance)
- NEP-REG-2008-09-05 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:14288. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .