Intensified Regulatory Scrutiny and Bank Distress in New York City During the Great Depression
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Richardson, Gary & Van Horn, Patrick, 2009. "Intensified Regulatory Scrutiny and Bank Distress in New York City During the Great Depression," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 69(02), pages 446-465, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Albrecht Ritschl & Samad Sarferaz, 2014. "Currency Versus Banking In The Financial Crisis Of 1931," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 55, pages 349-373, May.
- Peter Temin, 1991. "Lessons from the Great Depression," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262700441, January.
- Richardson, Gary, 2006. "Records of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors in Record Group 82 at the National Archives of the United States," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 123-134, April.
- Gary Richardson, 2006. "Quarterly Data on the Categories and Causes of Bank Distress During the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 12715, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christoffer Koch & Gary Richardson & Patrick Van Horn, 2016. "Bank Leverage and Regulatory Regimes: Evidence from the Great Depression and Great Recession," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 106(5), pages 538-542, May.
- Price Fishback, 2010. "US monetary and fiscal policy in the 1930s," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(3), pages 385-413, Autumn.
- Accominotti, Olivier, 2012. "London Merchant Banks, the Central European Panic, and the Sterling Crisis of 1931," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 72(01), pages 1-43, March.
- Mark Billings & Forrest Capie, 2011. "Financial crisis, contagion, and the British banking system between the world wars," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(2), pages 193-215.
- Accominotti, Olivier, 2016.
"International Banking and Transmission of the 1931 Financial Crisis,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
11651, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Accominotti, Olivier, 2016. "International banking and transmission of the 1931 financial crisis," Economic History Working Papers 84581, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Ritschl, Albrecht & Sarferaz, Samad, 2009.
"Crisis? What Crisis? Currency vs. Banking in the Financial Crisis of 1931,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7610, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Albrecht Ritschl & Samad Salferaz, 2010. "Crisis? What Crisis? Currency vs. Banking in the Financial Crisis of 1931," CEP Discussion Papers dp0977, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Albrecht Ritschl & Samad Sarferaz, 2010. "Crisis? What Crisis? Currency vs. Banking in the Financial Crisis of 1931," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2010-014, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Ritschl, Albrecht & Salferaz, Samad, 2010. "Crisis?: What crisis?: currency vs. banking in the financial crisis of 1931," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28726, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gary Richardson & Patrick Van Horn, 2011.
"In the Eye of a Storm: Manhattan's Money Center Banks During the International Financial Crisis of 1931,"
NBER Working Papers
17437, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richardson, Gary & Van Horn, Patrick, 2016. "In the Eye of a Storm: Manhattan's Money Center Banks during the International Financial Crisis of 1931," Working Paper 16-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Hetzel, Robert L. & Richardson, Gary, 2016. "Money, Banking, and Monetary Policy from the Formation of the Federal Reserve until Today," Working Paper 16-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
More about this item
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- N1 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations
- N12 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-07-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2008-07-05 (Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2008-07-05 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MAC-2008-07-05 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:14120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .