The Role of Preconceived Ideas in Macroeconomic Policy: Japan's Experiences in the Two Deflationary Periods
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul R. Krugman, 1998. "It's Baaack: Japan's Slump and the Return of the Liquidity Trap," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 29(2), pages 137-206.
- Irving Fisher, 1913. "A Compensated Dollar," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 213-235.
- Svensson, Lars-E-O, 2001.
"The Zero Bound in an Open Economy: A Foolproof Way of Escaping from a Liquidity Trap,"
Monetary and Economic Studies,
Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 19(S1), pages 277-312, February.
- Svensson, Lars, 2000. "The Zero Bound in an Open Economy: A Foolproof Way of Escaping from a Liquidity Trap," Seminar Papers 687, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 2000. "The Zero Bound in an Open Economy: A Foolproof Way of Escaping from a Liquidity Trap," CEPR Discussion Papers 2566, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lars E.O. Svensson, 2000. "The Zero Bound in an Open Economy: A Foolproof Way of Escaping from a Liquidity Trap," NBER Working Papers 7957, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rockett, Katharine E, 1988. "International Macroeconomic Policy Coordination When Policymakers Do Not Agree on the True Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 318-340, June.
- Akerlof, George A & Dickens, William T, 1982. "The Economic Consequences of Cognitive Dissonance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 307-319, June.
- Peter Temin, 1991. "Lessons from the Great Depression," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262700441, January.
- Edwin M. Truman, 2003. "Inflation Targeting in the World Economy," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 346.
- Putnam, Robert D., 1988. "Diplomacy and domestic politics: the logic of two-level games," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(03), pages 427-460, June.
- Burdekin,Richard C. K. & Siklos,Pierre L. (ed.), 2004. "Deflation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521837996, October.
- Koichi Hamada, 2004. "Policy Making In Deflationary Japan," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 55(3), pages 221-239.
- Barry Eichengreen & Peter Temin, 1997. "The Gold Standard and the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 6060, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey Frankel, 2003. "What an Economic Adviser Can Do When He Disagrees with the President," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(3), pages 29-52.
- Gary S. Becker, 1983. "A Theory of Competition Among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400.
More about this item
KeywordsPreconceived ideas; perception on economic mechanism; vested interests; great depression; deflation in contemporary Japan;
- B2 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-05-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2005-05-29 (Development)
- NEP-MAC-2005-05-29 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-POL-2005-05-29 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2005-05-29 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:egc:wpaper:908. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Lewis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/egyalus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.