Description Length Based Signal Detection in singular Spectrum Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen M. H & Yu B., 2001. "Model Selection and the Principle of Minimum Description Length," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 746-774, June.
- Davidson, James, 1994. "Stochastic Limit Theory: An Introduction for Econometricians," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774037.
- D.S. Poskitt & Jing Zhang, 2004. "Estimating Components in Finite Mixtures and Hidden Markov Models," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 10/04, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Hassani, Hossein & Heravi, Saeed & Zhigljavsky, Anatoly, 2009. "Forecasting European industrial production with singular spectrum analysis," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 103-118.
- Poskitt, D.S. & Sengarapillai, Arivalzahan, 2013.
"Description length and dimensionality reduction in functional data analysis,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 98-113.
- D. S. Poskitt & Arivalzahan Sengarapillai, 2009. "Description Length and Dimensionality Reduction in Functional Data Analysis," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 13/09, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Hassani, Hossein, 2007. "Singular Spectrum Analysis: Methodology and Comparison," MPRA Paper 4991, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomakos, Dimitrios D. & Wang, Tao & Wille, Luc T., 2002. "Modeling daily realized futures volatility with singular spectrum analysis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 312(3), pages 505-519.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Md Atikur Rahman Khan & D. S. Poskitt, 2013.
"Moment tests for window length selection in singular spectrum analysis of short– and long–memory processes,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(2), pages 141-155, March.
- Md Atikur Rahman Khan & D.S. Poskitt, 2011. "Moment Tests for Window Length Selection in Singular Spectrum Analysis of Short- and Long-Memory Processes," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 22/11, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Md Atikur Rahman Khan & D.S. Poskitt, 2011. "Window Length Selection and Signal-Noise Separation and Reconstruction in Singular Spectrum Analysis," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 23/11, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- M. Atikur Rahman Khan & D.S. Poskitt, 2014. "On The Theory and Practice of Singular Spectrum Analysis Forecasting," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 3/14, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Telesca, Luciano & Laib, Mohamed & Guignard, Fabian & Mauree, Dasaraden & Kanevski, Mikhail, 2019. "Linearity versus non-linearity in high frequency multilevel wind time series measured in urban areas," Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 234-244.
More about this item
KeywordsKarhunen-Loève expansion; minimum description length; signal-plus-noise model; Singular Spectrum Analysis; embedding;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ECM-2010-06-04 (Econometrics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:msh:ebswps:2010-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr Xibin Zhang). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dxmonau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.