About the second theorem of welfare economics with stock markets
This paper discusses necessary optimality conditions for multi-objective optimization problems with application to theSecond Theorem of Welfare Economics. We use the extremal principle, since we consider non-convex sets non-smooth functions.Particularly, we develop a slight generalization of the main result of A. Jofré and J. Rivera Cayupi [A nonconvex separationproperty and some applications, Math. Program. 108 (2006) 37-51], which allows more flexibility in a stochastic economy with production and stock market. Formally, we define a stock market equilibrium through the necessary optimality conditions at a constrained Pareto optimal allocation. We show that the Second Theorem of Welfare Economics holds in a two-period framework.But, by mean of an example, we show that this later result is no longer true for multi-period economies.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 106 - 112 boulevard de l'Hôpital, 75647 Paris cedex 13|
Phone: 01 44 07 81 00
Fax: 01 44 07 81 09
Web page: http://mse.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Oussama Lachiri, 2004.
"On the objective of firms under uncertainty with stock markets,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Bonnisseau, Jean-Marc & Lachiri, Oussama, 2004. "On the objective of firms under uncertainty with stock markets," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 493-513, August.
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Oussama Lachiri, 2004. "On the objective of firms under uncertainty with stock markets," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b04122, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Cornet, B., 1986. "The second welfare theorem in nonconvex economies," CORE Discussion Papers 1986030, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Grossman, Sanford J & Hart, Oliver D, 1979. "A Theory of Competitive Equilibrium in Stock Market Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 293-329, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:wpsorb:b06053. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.