Existence of equilibrium on OLG economies with durable goods
We consider a standard pure exchange overlapping generations economy. The demographic structure consists of a new cohort of agents at each period with an economic activity extended over two successive periods. Our model incorporates durable goods that may be stored from one period to a successive period through a linear technology. In this model, we intend to study the mechanism of transfer between generations, and we show that the existence of an equilibrium can be established by considering an equivalent economy “without” durable goods, where the agents economic activity is extended over three successive periods.
|Date of creation:||May 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: + 33 44 07 81 00
Fax: + 33 1 44 07 83 01
Web page: http://centredeconomiesorbonne.univ-paris1.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Balasko, Yves & Shell, Karl, 1980. "The overlapping-generations model, I: The case of pure exchange without money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 281-306, December.
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Lalaina Rakotonindrainy, 2011.
"Existence of equilibrium in OLG economies with increasing returns,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Jean-Marc Bonnisseau & Lalaina Rakotonindrainy, 2011. "Existence of equilibrium in OLG economies with increasing returns," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 11070, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Balasko, Yves & Cass, David & Shell, Karl, 1980. "Existence of competitive equilibrium in a general overlapping-generations model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 307-322, December.
- Balasko, Yves & Shell, Karl, 1981. "The overlapping-generations model. II. The case of pure exchange with money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 112-142, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:cesdoc:14046. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.