Why agents need discretion: The business judgment rule as optimal standard of care
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hendrik Hakenes & Isabel Schnabel, 2014.
"Bank Bonuses and Bailouts,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 46(s1), pages 259-288, February.
- Hakenes, Hendrik & Schnabel, Isabel, 2012. "Bank Bonuses and Bail-outs," CEPR Discussion Papers 8852, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hendrik Hakenes & Isabel Schnabel, 2013. "Bank Bonuses and Bail-Outs," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2013_03, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Innes, Robert D., 1990. "Limited liability and incentive contracting with ex-ante action choices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 45-67, October.
- Malcomson James M, 2009. "Principal and Expert Agent," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-36, May.
- Bernard S. Black & Brian R. Cheffins & Michael Klausner, 2006. "Outside Director Liability: A Policy Analysis," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 162(1), pages 5-20, March.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-325, June.
- Gromb, Denis & Martimort, David, 2007. "Collusion and the organization of delegated expertise," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 271-299, November.
- Matthews, Steven A., 2001.
"Renegotiating Moral Hazard Contracts under Limited Liability and Monotonicity,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Steven Matthews, "undated". "Renegotiating Moral Hazard Contracts Under Limited Liability and Monotonicity," Penn CARESS Working Papers a1fc611f7c8c403f24c4d20a6, Penn Economics Department.
- Steven Matthews, "undated". "Renegotiating Moral Hazard Contracts Under Limited Liability and Monotonicity," CARESS Working Papres 99-04, University of Pennsylvania Center for Analytic Research and Economics in the Social Sciences.
- Michael Raith, 2008. "Specific knowledge and performance measurement," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 39(4), pages 1059-1079.
- Gutierrez, Maria, 2003. " An Economic Analysis of Corporate Directors' Fiduciary Duties," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(3), pages 516-535, Autumn.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
More about this item
Keywordsbusiness judgment rule ; manager liability ; delegated decision-making;
- K13 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Tort Law and Product Liability; Forensic Economics
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
- M53 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Training
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2013-03-02 (Business Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2013-03-02 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mnh:wpaper:32959. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katharina Rautenberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fvmande.html .