Looking in Your Partner’s Pocket Before Saying “Yes!" Income Assortative Mating and Inequality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cameron,A. Colin & Trivedi,Pravin K., 2013. "Regression Analysis of Count Data," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781107667273, April.
- Anthony B. Atkinson & Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2011.
"Top Incomes in the Long Run of History,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 49(1), pages 3-71, March.
- Anthony B. Atkinson & Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2009. "Top Incomes in the Long Run of History," NBER Working Papers 15408, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anthony Atkinson & Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2011. "Top Incomes in the Long Run of History," Post-Print halshs-00754557, HAL.
- repec:bla:econom:v:84:y:2017:i:333:p:104-127 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Piketty & Emmanuel Saez, 2003. "Income Inequality in the United States, 1913–1998," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(1), pages 1-41.
- Christine Schwartz & Robert Mare, 2005. "Trends in educational assortative marriage from 1940 to 2003," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 42(4), pages 621-646, November.
- repec:spr:demogr:v:54:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s13524-017-0576-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marianne Bertrand & Emir Kamenica & Jessica Pan, 2015.
"Gender Identity and Relative Income within Households,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 130(2), pages 571-614.
- Marianne Bertrand & Jessica Pan & Emir Kamenica, 2013. "Gender Identity and Relative Income within Households," NBER Working Papers 19023, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bertrand, Marianne & Kamenica, Emir & Pan, Jessica, 2015. "Gender Identity and Relative Income Within Households," CEPR Discussion Papers 10443, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cowell, Frank, 2011. "Measuring Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 3, number 9780199594047.
- Climent Quintana-Domeque & Nicola Barban & Elisabetta De Cao & Sonia Oreffice, 2016. "Assortative Mating on Education: A Genetic Assessment," Economics Series Working Papers 791, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Becker, Gary S, 1973. "A Theory of Marriage: Part I," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(4), pages 813-846, July-Aug..
- A. B. Atkinson, 2005. "Top incomes in the UK over the 20th century," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 168(2), pages 325-343.
- Carlo V. Fiorio, 2011. "Understanding Italian Inequality Trends," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 73(2), pages 255-275, April.
- Mary C. Daly & Robert G. Valletta, 2006. "Inequality and Poverty in United States: The Effects of Rising Dispersion of Men's Earnings and Changing Family Behaviour," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 73(289), pages 75-98, February.
More about this item
KeywordsAssortative Mating; Administrative Data; Inequality; Income Shares;
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
- J41 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Labor Contracts
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mil:wpdepa:2018-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (DEMM Working Papers). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .