MAPLES: a general method for the estimation of age profiles from standard demographic surveys (with an application to fertility)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Matsuo, Hideko & Willekens, Frans, 2003. "Event histories in the Netherlands Fertility and Family Survey 1998. A technical report," Research Reports 03-01, University of Groningen, Population Research Centre (PRC).
- Anna Christina D'Addio & Michael Rosholm, "undated". "Left-Censoring in Duration Data: Theory and Applications," Economics Working Papers 2002-5, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Burbea, Jacob & del Castillo, Joan, 1992. "Geodesic submanifolds of statistical models with location parameters," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 301-313, October.
- repec:dgr:rugprc:03-01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ben D. MacArthur & Richard O. C. Oreffo, 2005. "Bridging the gap," Nature, Nature, vol. 433(7021), pages 19-19, January.
- Donald McNeil & T. Trullell & John Turner, 1977. "Spline interpolation of demographic oata," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 14(2), pages 245-252, May.
- Carl Schmertmann, 2003. "A system of model fertility schedules with graphically intuitive parameters," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 9(5), pages 81-110.
- Andres Vikat & Zsolt Spéder & Gijs Beets & Francesco Billari & Christoph Bühler & Aline Désesquelles & Tineke Fokkema & Jan M. Hoem & Alphonse MacDonald & Gerda Neyer & Ariane Pailhé & Antonella Pinne, 2007. "Generations and Gender Survey (GGS)," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 17(14), pages 389-440.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Carl Schmertmann, 2021. "D-splines: Estimating rate schedules using high-dimensional splines with empirical demographic penalties," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 44(45), pages 1085-1114.
- Gianni Corsetti & Marco Marsili, 2013. "Previsioni stocastiche della popolazione nell’ottica di un Istituto Nazionale di Statistica," Rivista di statistica ufficiale, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY), vol. 15(2-3), pages 5-29.
- Vanessa Taylor & Sarah Ashelford & Patricia Fell & Penelope J Goacher, 2015. "Biosciences in nurse education: is the curriculum fit for practice? Lecturers' views and recommendations from across the UK," Journal of Clinical Nursing, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 24(19-20), pages 2797-2806, October.
- Booth, Heather, 2006. "Demographic forecasting: 1980 to 2005 in review," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 547-581.
- Ercan Tomakin, 2014. "Teaching English Tenses (grammar) in the Turkish Texts; A Case of Simple Present Tense: Is?l Maketi Iter," International Journal of Learning and Development, Macrothink Institute, vol. 4(1), pages 115-131, March.
- Peter Viggo Jakobsen, 2009. "Small States, Big Influence: The Overlooked Nordic Influence on the Civilian ESDP," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 81-102, January.
- Jenny Gierveld & Pearl A. Dykstra & Niels Schenk, 2012. "Living arrangements, intergenerational support types and older adult loneliness in Eastern and Western Europe," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 27(7), pages 167-200.
- Radha Jagannathan & Michael J. Camasso & Bagavan Das & Jale Tosun & Sadagopan Iyengar, 2017. "Family, society and the individual: determinants of entrepreneurial attitudes among youth in Chennai, South India," Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, Springer;UNESCO Chair in Entrepreneurship, vol. 7(1), pages 1-22, December.
- Tautenhahn, Susanne & Heilmeier, Hermann & Jung, Martin & Kahl, Anja & Kattge, Jens & Moffat, Antje & Wirth, Christian, 2012. "Beyond distance-invariant survival in inverse recruitment modeling: A case study in Siberian Pinus sylvestris forests," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 233(C), pages 90-103.
- Vincenzo Galasso, 2020.
"Market Reactions to Quest for Decentralization and Independence: Evidence from Catalonia,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- Galasso, Vincenzo, 2020. "Market Reactions to Quest for Decentralization and Independence: Evidence from Catalonia," CEPR Discussion Papers 14641, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thijs Fassaert & Matty A.S. De Wit & Wilco C. Tuinebreijer & Jeroen W. Knipscheer & Arnoud P. Verhoeff & Aartjan T.F. Beekman & Jack Dekker, 2011. "Acculturation and Psychological Distress Among Non-Western Muslim Migrants - a Population-Based Survey," International Journal of Social Psychiatry, , vol. 57(2), pages 132-143, March.
- Jakub Bijak & Jason Hilton & Eric Silverman & Viet Dung Cao, 2013. "Reforging the Wedding Ring," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 29(27), pages 729-766.
- Philippe De Donder & Michel Le Breton & Eugenio Peluso, 2012.
"Majority Voting in Multidimensional Policy Spaces: Kramer–Shepsle versus Stackelberg,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 14(6), pages 879-909, December.
- De Donder, Philippe & Le Breton, Michel & Peluso, Eugenio, 2010. "Majority Voting in Multidimensional Policy Spaces: Kramer-Shepsle versus Stackelberg," CEPR Discussion Papers 7646, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- De Donder, Philippe & Le Breton, Michel & Peluso, Eugenio, 2010. "Majority Voting in Multidimensional Policy Spaces: Kramer-Shepsle versus Stackelberg," IDEI Working Papers 593, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Grace Kite, 2014. "Linked in? Software and Information Technology Services in Indiaâ€™s Economic Development," Journal of South Asian Development, , vol. 9(2), pages 99-119, August.
- Zsolt Spéder & Balázs Kapitány, 2009. "How are Time-Dependent Childbearing Intentions Realized? Realization, Postponement, Abandonment, Bringing Forward," European Journal of Population, Springer;European Association for Population Studies, vol. 25(4), pages 503-523, November.
- Spyros Arvanitis & Ursina Kubli & Martin Woerter, 2006. "University-Industry Knowledge Interaction in Switzerland: What University Scientists Think about Co-operation with Private Enterprises," KOF Working papers 06-132, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Falco, Paolo & Zaccagni, Sarah, 2020. "Promoting social distancing in a pandemic: Beyond the good intentions," OSF Preprints a2nys, Center for Open Science.
- León, Esperanza & Steele, Miriam & Palacios, Jesús & Román, Maite & Moreno, Carmen, 2018. "Parenting adoptive children: Reflective functioning and parent-child interactions. A comparative, relational and predictive study," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 352-360.
- Danilo Bertoni & Daniele Cavicchioli & Franco Donzelli & Giovanni Ferrazzi & Dario G. Frisio & Roberto Pretolani & Elena Claire Ricci & Vera Ventura, 2018. "Recent Contributions of Agricultural Economics Research in the Field of Sustainable Development," Agriculture, MDPI, vol. 8(12), pages 1-20, December.
- Chantal Kroll & Roger Keller & Urte Scholz & Sonja Perren, 2011. "Evaluating the decisional balance construct of the Transtheoretical Model: are two dimensions of pros and cons really enough?," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 56(1), pages 97-105, February.
More about this item
KeywordsAge profiles; transition rates; fertility and living arrangements; general additive models; smoothing procedure.;
All these keywords.
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mil:wpdepa:2010-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: DEMM Working Papers The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask DEMM Working Papers to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.