Towards an alternative paradigm of consumer behavior
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alois Stutzer & Armando N. Meier, 2016.
"Limited Self‐control, Obesity, and the Loss of Happiness,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(11), pages 1409-1424, November.
- Stutzer, Alois, 2007. "Limited Self-Control, Obesity and the Loss of Happiness," Working papers 2007/07, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Stutzer, Alois, 2007. "Limited Self-Control, Obesity and the Loss of Happiness," IZA Discussion Papers 2925, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alois Stutzer & Armando N. Meier, 2015. "Limited Self-Control, Obesity and the Loss of Happiness," CREMA Working Paper Series 2015-14, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Daniel Kahneman & Robert Sugden, 2005. "Experienced Utility as a Standard of Policy Evaluation," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 32(1), pages 161-181, September.
- Viviana Di Giovinazzo, 2008. "From Individual Wellbeing to Economic Welfare. The Scitovsky Contribution to the Explanation of a Joyless Economy," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00650853, HAL.
- Luigino Bruni & Robert Sugden, 2007. "The road not taken: how psychology was removed from economics, and how it might be brought back," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(516), pages 146-173, January.
- Bruni, Luigino & Stanca, Luca, 2008.
"Watching alone: Relational goods, television and happiness,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 65(3-4), pages 506-528, March.
- Luigino Bruni & Luca Stanca, 2005. "Watching alone: Relational Goods, Television and Happiness," Working Papers 90, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2005.
- Scitovsky, Tibor, 1981. "The Desire for Excitement in Modern Society," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(1), pages 3-13.
- Di Giovinazzo, Viviana, 2008. "From Individual Wellbeing to Economic Welfare. The Scitovsky Contribution to the Explanation of a Joyless Economy," European Journal of Economic and Social Systems, Lavoisier, vol. 21(1), pages 57-81.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Daniel Kahneman & Richard H. Thaler, 2006. "Anomalies: Utility Maximization and Experienced Utility," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 221-234, Winter.
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Romaniuc, Rustam, 2017. "Intrinsic motivation in economics: A history," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 56-64.
More about this item
KeywordsScitovsky; behavioral economics; arousal; comfort; pleasure; satisfaction; rational-choice theory;
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
- B59 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Other
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2010-03-28 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2010-03-28 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-HAP-2010-03-28 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-NEU-2010-03-28 (Neuroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mib:wpaper:179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matteo Pelagatti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dpmibit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.