The psychology of financial markets: Keynes, Minsky and emotional finance
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- S. C. Dow., 2010. "The Psychology of Financial Markets: Keynes, Minsky and Emotional Finance," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 1.
- Sheila Dow, 2010. "The Psychology of Financial Markets: Keynes, Minsky and Emotional Finance," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Hyman Minsky, chapter 13 Edward Elgar Publishing.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter E. Earl, 1989. "Monetary Scenarios," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 158, April.
- Brian Loasby, 2007. "The social science of economics," SCEME Working Papers: Advances in Economic Methodology 020/2007, SCEME.
- Hume, David, 1740. "A Treatise of Human Nature (III) Of Morals," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, volume 3, number hume1740, December.
- Duncan K. Foley, 2010. "Hyman Minsky and the Dilemmas of Contemporary Economic Method," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Hyman Minsky, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & Sunil Sharma, 2001. "Herd Behavior in Financial Markets," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 47(3), pages 1-1.
- Charles J. Whalen, 2007. "The U.S. Credit Crunch of 2007: A Minsky Moment," Economics Public Policy Brief Archive ppb_92, Levy Economics Institute.
- Luigino Bruni & Robert Sugden, 2007. "The road not taken: how psychology was removed from economics, and how it might be brought back," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(516), pages 146-173, January.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2007. "Investor Sentiment in the Stock Market," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 129-152, Spring.
- Dow, Sheila C, 1990. "Beyond Dualism," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 143-157, June.
- Charles G. Leathers & J. Patrick Raines, 2004. "The Schumpeterian role of financial innovations in the New Economy's business cycle," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 667-681, September.
- Victoria Chick, 2001. "Cassandra as optimist," Chapters,in: Financial Keynesianism and Market Instability, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Esther-Mirjam Sent, 2004. "Behavioral Economics: How Psychology Made Its (Limited) Way Back Into Economics," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 36(4), pages 735-760, Winter.
- Herbert A. Simon, 1955. "A Behavioral Model of Rational Choice," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 69(1), pages 99-118.
- Harrison Hong & Jeremy C. Stein, 2007. "Disagreement and the Stock Market," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, pages 109-128.
- Scitovsky, Tibor, 1981. "The Desire for Excitement in Modern Society," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(1), pages 3-13.
- Victoria Chick, 2008. "Could the Crisis at Northern Rock have been Predicted?: An Evolutionary Approach-super- 1," Contributions to Political Economy, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(1), pages 115-124.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Hume, David, 1739. "A Treatise of Human Nature (I) Of the Understanding," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, volume 1, number hume1739, December.
- Hume, David, 1739. "A Treatise of Human Nature (II) Of the Passions," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, volume 2, number hume1739a, December.
- Nava Ashraf & Colin F. Camerer & George Loewenstein, 2005. "Adam Smith, Behavioral Economist," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 131-145, Summer.
- Daniel Kahneman, 2003. "Maps of Bounded Rationality: Psychology for Behavioral Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1449-1475, December.
- Duncan K. Foley, 2001. "Hyman Minsky and the dilemmas of contemporary economic method," Chapters,in: Financial Keynesianism and Market Instability, chapter 3 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Richard Arena & Sheila Dow & Matthias Klaes, 2009. "Open Economics: Economics in relation to other disciplines," Post-Print halshs-00727206, HAL.
- Earl, Peter E. & Peng, Ti-Ching & Potts, Jason, 2007. "Decision-rule cascades and the dynamics of speculative bubbles," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 351-364, June.
- Morris Altman, 2004. "The Nobel Prize in behavioral and experimental economics: a contextual and critical appraisal of the contributions of Daniel Kahneman and Cernon Smith," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 3-41.
More about this item
Keywordsuncertainty; Keynes; Minsky; emotional finance;
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2008-05-24 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-HPE-2008-05-24 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-NEU-2008-05-24 (Neuroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2008-05-24 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sti:wpaper:022/2008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthias Klaes). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/scemeuk.html .