Consistency Properties of a Simulation-Based Estimator for Dynamic Processes
This paper considers a simulation-based estimator for a general class of Markovian processes and explores some strong consistency properties of the estimator. These results are of interest for various kinds of simulation-based estimation methods typically used in economics and finance. The estimation problem is defined over a continuum of invariant distributions indexed by a vector of parameters. A key step in the method of proof is to show the uniform convergence (a.s.) of a family of sample distributions over the domain of parameters. This uniform convergence holds under mild continuity and monotonicity conditions on the dynamic process.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||25 Aug 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Forthcoming: Under Review|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 248126, Coral Gables, FL 33124-6550|
Phone: (305) 284-5540
Fax: (305) 284-2985
Web page: http://www.bus.miami.edu/faculty-and-research/academic-departments/economics/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez & Manuel Santos, 2004.
"Convergence Properties of the Likelihood of Computed Dynamic Models,"
PIER Working Paper Archive
04-034, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramírez & Manuel S. Santos, 2006. "Convergence Properties of the Likelihood of Computed Dynamic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 74(1), pages 93-119, 01.
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Juan Francisco Rubio-Ramírez & Manuel S. Santos, 2004. "Convergence properties of the likelihood of computed dynamic models," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2004-27, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Juan Rubio & Manuel Santos, 2005. "Convergence Properties of the Likelihood of Computed Dynamic Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0315, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez & Manuel Santos, 2005. "Convergence Properties of the Likelihood of Computed Dynamic Models," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000822, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Hopenhayn, Hugo A & Prescott, Edward C, 1992. "Stochastic Monotonicity and Stationary Distributions for Dynamic Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(6), pages 1387-406, November.
- Mirman, Leonard J. & Morand, Olivier F. & Reffett, Kevin L., 2008.
"A qualitative approach to Markovian equilibrium in infinite horizon economies with capital,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 139(1), pages 75-98, March.
- Leonard J Mirman & Olivier F. Morand & Kevin L. Reffett, 2004. "A Qualitative Approach to Markovian Equilibrium in Infinite Horizon Economies with Capital," Levine's Bibliography 122247000000000224, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Carrasco, Marine & Florens, Jean-Pierre, 2002. "Simulation-Based Method of Moments and Efficiency," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(4), pages 482-92, October.
- Pakes, Ariel S, 1986.
"Patents as Options: Some Estimates of the Value of Holding European Patent Stocks,"
Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 755-84, July.
- Ariel Pakes, 1984. "Patents as Options: Some Estimates of the Value of Holding European Patent Stocks," NBER Working Papers 1340, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Santos, Manuel S., 2004. "Simulation-based estimation of dynamic models with continuous equilibrium solutions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-4), pages 465-491, June.
- Gallant, A. Ronald & Tauchen, George, 2002. "Simulated Score Methods and Indirect Inference for Continuous-time Models," Working Papers 02-09, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Rust, John, 1987. "Optimal Replacement of GMC Bus Engines: An Empirical Model of Harold Zurcher," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 999-1033, September.
- Duffie, Darrell & Singleton, Kenneth J, 1993.
"Simulated Moments Estimation of Markov Models of Asset Prices,"
Econometric Society, vol. 61(4), pages 929-52, July.
- Darrell Duffie & Kenneth J. Singleton, 1990. "Simulated Moments Estimation of Markov Models of Asset Prices," NBER Technical Working Papers 0087, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Bong-Soo & Ingram, Beth Fisher, 1991. "Simulation estimation of time-series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2-3), pages 197-205, February.
- Futia, Carl A, 1982. "Invariant Distributions and the Limiting Behavior of Markovian Economic Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 377-408, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mia:wpaper:0705. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher Parmeter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.