The Estimation and Testing of a Linear Regression with Near Unit Root in the Spatial Autoregressive Error Term
This paper considers the estimation of a linear regression involving the spatial autoregressive (SAR) error term, which is nearly nonstationary. The asymptotics properties of the ordinary least squares (OLS), true generalized least squares (GLS) and feasible generalized least squares (FGLS) estimators as well as the corresponding Wald test statistics are derived. Monte Carlo results are conducted to study the sampling behavior of the proposed estimators and test statistics. Key Words: Spatial Autocorrelation; Ordinary Least Squares; Generalized Least Squares; Two-stage Least Squares; Maximum Likelihood Estimation JEL No. C23, C33
|Date of creation:||Dec 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 426 Eggers Hall, Syracuse, New York USA 13244-1020|
Phone: (315) 443-3114
Fax: (315) 443-1081
Web page: http://www.maxwell.syr.edu/cpr.aspx
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Krämer, Walter, 1986.
"On the robustness of the F-test to autocorrelation among disturbances,"
Hannover Economic Papers (HEP)
dp-097, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Kramer, W., 1989. "On the robustness of the F-test to autocorrelation among disturbances," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 37-40.
- Jorgen Lauridsen & Reinhold Kosfeld, 2003.
"A Test Strategy for Spurious Spatial Regression, Spatial Nonstationarity, and Spatial Cointegration,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa03p42, European Regional Science Association.
- Jørgen Lauridsen & Reinhold Kosfeld, 2006. "A test strategy for spurious spatial regression, spatial nonstationarity, and spatial cointegration," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(3), pages 363-377, 08.
- Martellosio, Federico, 2008. "Testing for spatial autocorrelation: the regressors that make the power disappear," MPRA Paper 10542, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1997.
"A Generalized Spatial Two Stage Least Squares Procedure for Estimating a Spatial Autoregressive Model with Autoregressive Disturbances,"
Electronic Working Papers
97-002, University of Maryland, Department of Economics, revised Aug 1997.
- Kelejian, Harry H & Prucha, Ingmar R, 1998. "A Generalized Spatial Two-Stage Least Squares Procedure for Estimating a Spatial Autoregressive Model with Autoregressive Disturbances," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 99-121, July.
- Martellosio, Federico, 2010. "Power Properties Of Invariant Tests For Spatial Autocorrelation In Linear Regression," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(01), pages 152-186, February.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1995.
"A Generalized Moments Estimator for the Autoregressive Parameter in a Spatial Model,"
Electronic Working Papers
95-001, University of Maryland, Department of Economics, revised Mar 1997.
- Kelejian, Harry H & Prucha, Ingmar R, 1999. "A Generalized Moments Estimator for the Autoregressive Parameter in a Spatial Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(2), pages 509-533, May.
- Jushan Bai, 2009. "Panel Data Models With Interactive Fixed Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 77(4), pages 1229-1279, 07.
- Lung-Fei Lee, 2004. "Asymptotic Distributions of Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimators for Spatial Autoregressive Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(6), pages 1899-1925, November.
- Jushan Bai, 2003. "Inferential Theory for Factor Models of Large Dimensions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(1), pages 135-171, January.
- James R. Schott, 2005. "Testing for complete independence in high dimensions," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 92(4), pages 951-956, December.
- Kramer, Walter & Michels, Sonja, 1997. "Autocorrelation- and heteroskedasticity-consistent t-values with trending data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 141-147.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:max:cprwps:150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kelly Bogart)or (Katrina Wingle)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.