Technical Efficiency in Agricultural Production and Its Determinants: An Exploratory Study at the District Level
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Shanmugam, K.R. & Venkataramani, Atheendar, 2006. "Technical Efficiency in Agricultural Production and Its Determinants: An Exploratory Study at the District Level," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 61(2).
- K. R. Shanmugam & Atheendar Venkataramani, 2006. "Technical Efficiency in Agricultural Production and Its Determinants : An Exploratory Study at the District Level," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22513, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- R. Nagaraj & A. Varoudakis & M.-A. Véganzonès, 2000.
"Long-run growth trends and convergence across Indian States,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(1), pages 45-70.
- Rayaprolu Nagaraj & Aristomène Varoudakis & Marie-Ange Véganzonès, 1998. "Long-Run Growth Trends and Convergence Across Indian States," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 131, OECD Publishing.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Alok Bhargava & Dean T. Jamison & Lawrence J. Lau & Christopher J. L. Murray, 2006. "Modeling the effects of health on economic growth," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Econometrics, Statistics And Computational Approaches In Food And Health Sciences, chapter 20, pages 269-286 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Tadesse, Bedassa & Krishnamoorthy, S., 1997.
"Technical efficiency in paddy farms of Tamil Nadu: An analysis based on farm size and ecological zone,"
Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 185-192, August.
- Tadesse, Bedassa & Krishnamoorthy, S., 1997. "Technical efficiency in paddy farms of Tamil Nadu: an analysis based on farm size and ecological zone," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 16(3), August.
- Martin, Philippe & Rogers, Carol Ann, 1997.
"Stabilization Policy, Learning-by-Doing, and Economic Growth,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 49(2), pages 152-166, April.
- Martin, Philippe & Rogers, Carol Ann, 1995. "Stabilization Policy, Learning by Doing, and Economic Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 1130, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning & Jaypee Sevilla, 2001. "The Effect of Health on Economic Growth: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 8587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mickael Lothgren, 2000. "Specification and estimation of stochastic multiple-output production and technical inefficiency," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(12), pages 1533-1540.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Abigail Barr, 1995. "The missing factor: entrepreneurial networks, enterprises and economic growth in Ghana," CSAE Working Paper Series 1995-11, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Mitra, Arup & Varoudakis, Aristomene & Veganzones-Varoudakis, Marie-Ange, 2002. "Productivity and Technical Efficiency in Indian States' Manufacturing: The Role of Infrastructure," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(2), pages 395-426, January.
- Forsund, Finn R. & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1980. "A survey of frontier production functions and of their relationship to efficiency measurement," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 5-25, May.
- David E. Bloom & David Canning, 2004. "The Health and Wealth of Africa," World Economics, World Economics, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 5(2), pages 57-81, April.
- Deolalikar, Anil B, 1988. "Nutrition and Labor Productivity in Agriculture: Estimates for Rural South India," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 406-413, August.
- K. Kalirajan, 1981. "An Econometric Analysis of Yield Variability in Paddy Production," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 29(3), pages 283-294, November.
- Battese, George E., 1992. "Frontier production functions and technical efficiency: a survey of empirical applications in agricultural economics," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 7(3-4), pages 185-208, October.
- Bauer, Paul W., 1990. "Recent developments in the econometric estimation of frontiers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 39-56.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Battese, George E., 1992. "Frontier production functions and technical efficiency: a survey of empirical applications in agricultural economics," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 7(3-4), October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lavanya Ravikanth Anneboina & K. S. Kavi Kumar, 2016. "Contribution of Mangroves to Marine Fisheries in India," Working Papers 2016-145, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Kailash Chandra Pradhan & shrabani Mukherjee, "undated". "Technical Efficiency of Agricultural Production in India: Evidence from REDS Survey," Working Papers 2017-161, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- S. Majumder & B. K. Bala & Fatimah Mohamed Arshad & M. A. Haque & M. A. Hossain, 2016. "Food security through increasing technical efficiency and reducing postharvest losses of rice production systems in Bangladesh," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(2), pages 361-374, April.
- Bhatt, Mohammad Sultan & Bhat, Showkat Ahmad, 4. "Technical Efficiency and Farm Size Productivity â€• Micro Level Evidence from Jammu & Kashmir," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 2(4).
More about this item
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- D20 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mad:wpaper:2006-010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geetha G). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mseacin.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.