Using a Canadian-American Natural Experiment to Study Relative Efficiencies of Social Welfare Payment Systems
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- MacDonald, James M. & Nelson, Paul Jr., 1991. "Do the poor still pay more? Food price variations in large metropolitan areas," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 344-359, November.
- Glaeser, E. L., 1998.
"Should transfer payments be indexed to local price levels?,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 1996. "Should Transfer Payments Be Indexed to Local Price Levels?," NBER Working Papers 5598, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Glazer, Amihai, 1981. "Advertising, Information, and Prices-A Case Study," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(4), pages 661-671, October.
- Alcaly, Roger E & Klevorick, Alvin K, 1971. "Food Prices in Relation to Income Levels in New York City," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(4), pages 380-397, October.
- Parke E. Wilde & Christine K. Ranney, 2000. "The Monthly Food Stamp Cycle: Shooping Frequency and Food Intake Decisions in an Endogenous Switching Regression Framework," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(1), pages 200-213.
- Kunreuther, Howard, 1973. "Why the Poor May Pay More for Food: Theoretical and Empirical Evidence," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(3), pages 368-383, July.
- Bruce L. Benson & Merle D. Faminow, 1985. "An Alternative View of Pricing in Retail Food Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 67(2), pages 296-306.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Georges Tanguay & Gary Hunt & Nicolas Marceau, 2005. "Food Prices and the Timing of Welfare Payments: A Canadian Study," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 31(2), pages 145-160, June.
More about this item
KeywordsWelfare Payments; Grocery Prices; Poverty;
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lvl:lacicr:0205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuel Paradis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cirpeca.html .