The Economics of Airport Noise: Managing Markets for Noise Licenses
Noise-induced pollution constitutes a hot and topical societal problem for all major airports. This paper discusses various issues in the implementation of a market for noise licenses as a solution to solve the noise externality between the residents located around airports and the aircrafts moving in and to airports.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (+352) 46 66 44
Fax: (+352) 46 66 44 ext 633
Web page: http://wwwen.uni.lu/research/fdef/crea
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- BRECHET, Thierry & PICARD, Pierre M., .
"The price of silence: markets for noise licenses and airports,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-2270, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Thierry Bréchet & Pierre M. Picard, 2010. "The Price Of Silence: Markets For Noise Licenses And Airports," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1097-1125, November.
- Thierry Brechet & Pierre M. Picard, 2008. "The Price of Silence: Markets for Noise Licenses and Airports," CREA Discussion Paper Series 08-08, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Jon P. Nelson, 2004. "Meta-Analysis of Airport Noise and Hedonic Property Values," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, London School of Economics and University of Bath, vol. 38(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Bernard M.S. van Praag & B.E. Baarsma, 2004. "Using Happiness Surveys to value Intangibles; the Case of Airport Noise," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-024/3, Tinbergen Institute.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:luc:wpaper:10-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elisa Ferreira)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.