The economics of airport noise: how to manage markets for noise licenses
Noise-induced pollution constitutes a hot and topical societal problem for all major airports. This paper discusses various issues in the implementation of a market for noise licenses as a solution to solve the noise externality between the residents located around airports and the aircrafts moving in and to airports.
|Date of creation:||01 Dec 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/coreEmail:
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- BRECHET, Thierry & PICARD, Pierre M., .
"The price of silence: markets for noise licenses and airports,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-2270, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Thierry Bréchet & Pierre M. Picard, 2010. "The Price Of Silence: Markets For Noise Licenses And Airports," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1097-1125, November.
- Thierry Brechet & Pierre M. Picard, 2008. "The Price of Silence: Markets for Noise Licenses and Airports," CREA Discussion Paper Series 08-08, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20040024 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jon P. Nelson, 2004. "Meta-Analysis of Airport Noise and Hedonic Property Values," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, London School of Economics and University of Bath, vol. 38(1), pages 1-27, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2010086. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.