The economics of airport noise: how to manage markets for noise licenses
Noise-induced pollution constitutes a hot and topical societal problem for all major airports. This paper discusses various issues in the implementation of a market for noise licenses as a solution to solve the noise externality between the residents located around airports and the aircrafts moving in and to airports.
|Date of creation:||01 Dec 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/coreEmail:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thierry Brechet & Pierre M. Picard, 2008.
"The Price of Silence: Markets for Noise Licenses and Airports,"
CREA Discussion Paper Series
08-08, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Thierry Bréchet & Pierre M. Picard, 2010. "The Price Of Silence: Markets For Noise Licenses And Airports," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1097-1125, November.
- BRECHET, Thierry & PICARD, Pierre M., . "The price of silence: markets for noise licenses and airports," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2270, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jon P. Nelson, 2004. "Meta-Analysis of Airport Noise and Hedonic Property Values," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, London School of Economics and University of Bath, vol. 38(1), pages 1-27, January.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20040024 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2010086. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.