The Emergence of Crowdinvesting in Europe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hornuf, Lars & Schwienbacher, Armin, 2014. "Should Securities Regulation Promote Crowdinvesting?," Discussion Papers in Economics 20975, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Mollick, Ethan, 2014. "The dynamics of crowdfunding: An exploratory study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 1-16.
- Reiner Braun & Horst Eidenmüller & Andreas Engert & Lars Hornuf, 2013. "D oes Charter Competition Foster Entrepreneurship? A Difference-in-Difference Approach to European Company Law Reforms," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 399-415, May.
- Douglas Cumming & Sofia Johan, 2013. "Demand-driven securities regulation: evidence from crowdfunding," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 361-379, October.
- Ajay K. Agrawal & Christian Catalini & Avi Goldfarb, 2011. "The Geography of Crowdfunding," NBER Working Papers 16820, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Salahaldin, Linda & Angerer, Martin & Kraus, Sascha & Trabelsi, Donia, 2019. "A duration-based model of crowdfunding project choice," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 404-410.
- Bethmann, Nicola & Frieden, Matthias, 2019. "An analytical approach to crowdinvesting: The impact of marketing and idea stealing on the entrepreneur's decision making," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-649, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Löher, Jonas & Schell, Sabrina & Schneck, Stefan & Werner, Arndt & Moog, Petra, 2015. "Unternehmensgründungen und Crowdinvesting," IfM-Materialien 241, Institut für Mittelstandsforschung (IfM) Bonn.
- Kazem Mochkabadi & Christine K. Volkmann, 2020. "Equity crowdfunding: a systematic review of the literature," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 75-118, January.
- Murray, Gordon, 2020. "Ten Meditations on (Public) Venture Capital – Revisited," MPRA Paper 104389, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lars Hornuf & Matthias Neuenkirch, 2017. "Pricing shares in equity crowdfunding," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 795-811, April.
- Borello, Giuliana & De Crescenzo, Veronica & Pichler, Flavio, 2019. "Factors for success in European crowdinvesting," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 106(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lars Hornuf & Armin Schwienbacher, 2015.
"Funding Dynamics in Crowdinvesting,"
Research Papers in Economics
2015-09, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
- Hornuf, Lars & Schwienbacher, Armin, 2015. "Funding Dynamics in Crowdinvesting," VfS Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112969, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Armin Schwienbacher, 2018. "Entrepreneurial risk-taking in crowdfunding campaigns," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 51(4), pages 843-859, December.
- Andreas Hoegen & Dennis M. Steininger & Daniel Veit, 2018. "How do investors decide? An interdisciplinary review of decision-making in crowdfunding," Electronic Markets, Springer;IIM University of St. Gallen, vol. 28(3), pages 339-365, August.
- Emil Adamek & Jan Janku, 2022. "What Drives Small Business Crowdfunding? Impact of Macroeconomic and Financial Factors," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 72(2), pages 172-196, June.
- Goethner, Maximilian & Hornuf, Lars & Regner, Tobias, 2021.
"Protecting investors in equity crowdfunding: An empirical analysis of the small investor protection act,"
Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 162(C).
- Maximilian Goethner & Lars Hornuf & Tobias Regner, 2020. "Protecting Investors in Equity Crowdfunding: An Empirical Analysis of the Small Investor Protection Act," CESifo Working Paper Series 8351, CESifo.
- Maximilian Goethner & Lars Hornuf & Tobias Regner, 2020. "Protecting Investors in Equity Crowdfunding: An Empirical Analysis of the Small Investor Protection Act," Jena Economic Research Papers 2020-009, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Jascha-Alexander Koch & Michael Siering, 2019. "The recipe of successful crowdfunding campaigns," Electronic Markets, Springer;IIM University of St. Gallen, vol. 29(4), pages 661-679, December.
- Silvio Vismara, 2018. "Information Cascades among Investors in Equity Crowdfunding," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 42(3), pages 467-497, May.
- Appio, Francesco Paolo & Leone, Daniele & Platania, Federico & Schiavone, Francesco, 2020. "Why are rewards not delivered on time in rewards-based crowdfunding campaigns? An empirical exploration," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 157(C).
- Chan, C.S. Richard & Parhankangas, Annaleena & Sahaym, Arvin & Oo, Pyayt, 2020. "Bellwether and the herd? Unpacking the u-shaped relationship between prior funding and subsequent contributions in reward-based crowdfunding," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 35(2).
- Ciro Troise & Mario Tani & Ornella Papaluca, 2020. "Equity and Reward Crowdfunding: A Multiple Signal Analysis," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 12(3), pages 1-30, March.
- Parker, Simon C., 2014. "Crowdfunding, cascades and informed investors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 125(3), pages 432-435.
- Hadar Gafni & Marek Hudon & Anaïs Périlleux, 2021.
"Business or Basic Needs? The Impact of Loan Purpose on Social Crowdfunding Platforms,"
Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 173(4), pages 777-793, November.
- Hadar Gafni & Marek Hudon & Anaïs A Périlleux, 2020. "Business or Basic Needs? The Impact of Loan Purpose on Social Crowdfunding Platforms," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/312803, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hadar Gafni & Marek Hudon & Anaïs A Périlleux, 2020. "Business or basic needs ?The impact of loan purpose on social crowdfunding platforms," Working Papers CEB 20-008, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Roland Strausz, 2017.
"A Theory of Crowdfunding: A Mechanism Design Approach with Demand Uncertainty and Moral Hazard,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 107(6), pages 1430-1476, June.
- Roland, Strausz, 2015. "A Theory of Crowdfunding - a mechanism design approach with demand uncertainty and moral hazard," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 527, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Roland Strausz, 2016. "A Theory of Crowdfunding - A Mechanism Design Approach with Demand Uncertainty and Moral Hazard," CESifo Working Paper Series 6100, CESifo.
- Strausz, Roland, 2016. "A Theory of Crowdfunding - a mechanism design approach with demand uncertainty and moral hazard," CEPR Discussion Papers 11222, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mingchun Chen & Zhiying Liu & Chaoliang Ma & Xiuyuan Gong, 2021. "A distinctive early bird price in reward-based crowdfunding," Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 347-370, June.
- Paolo Crosetto & Tobias Regner, 2014.
"Crowdfunding: Determinants of success and funding dynamics,"
Jena Economic Research Papers
2014-035, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Crosetto, P. & Regner, T., 2015. "Crowdfunding: determinants of success and funding dynamics," Working Papers 2015-02, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Laurentiu-Cristian Ciobotaru & Sul Kim & Arthur Soest, 2021. "Household Preferences for Investing in Crowdfunding," De Economist, Springer, vol. 169(4), pages 499-522, November.
- Estrin, Saul & Gozman, Daniel & Khavul, Susanna, 2017. "Equity crowdfunding and early stage entrepreneurial finance: damaging or disruptive?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 86590, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Nathalie Duran & Djamchid Assadi, 2017. "Analyse comparative des discours gagnants et perdants du microcrédit : le cas des campagnes de crowdlending," Post-Print hal-01655509, HAL.
- Joanna Bednarz & Magdalena Markiewicz & Agnieszka Ploska, 2017. "The determinants and development of crowdfunding in the Central and Eastern Europe countries," Ekonomia i Prawo, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 16(3), pages 275-285, September.
- Rose, Stefan & Wentzel, Daniel & Hopp, Christian & Kaminski, Jermain, 2020. "Launching for Success: The Effects of Psychological Distance and Mental Simulation on Funding Decisions and Crowdfunding Performance," SocArXiv fqbwk, Center for Open Science.
More about this item
Keywordsentrepreneurial finance; business finance; crowdinvesting; equity crowdfunding;
All these keywords.
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- K22 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Business and Securities Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENT-2014-09-25 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-EUR-2014-09-25 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-LAW-2014-09-25 (Law & Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lmu:muenec:21388. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Tamilla Benkelberg (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.