We derive necessary and suffcient conditions for data sets composed of state-contingent prices and consumption to be consistent with two prominent models of decision making under ambiguity: variational preferences and smooth ambiguity. The revealed preference conditions for the maxmin expected utility and subjective expected utility models are characterized as special cases.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +44 (0)116 252 2887
Fax: +44 (0)116 252 2908
Web page: http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/economics
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/economics/research/discussion-papers Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Forges, Françoise & Minelli, Enrico, 2009.
"Afriat's theorem for general budget sets,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/4099, Paris Dauphine University.
- Tomasz Strzalecki, .
"Axiomatic Foundations of Multiplier Preferences,"
8239, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Wakker,Peter P., 2010.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521748681.
- David Ahn & Syngjoo Choi & Douglas Gale & Shachar Kariv, 2008.
"Estimating Ambiguity Aversion in a Portfolio Choice Experiment,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
122247000000001989, David K. Levine.
- David Ahn & Syngjoo Choi & Douglas Gale & Shachar Kariv, 2014. "Estimating ambiguity aversion in a portfolio choice experiment," Quantitative Economics, Econometric Society, vol. 5, pages 195-223, 07.
- Martin Browning & Laura Blow, 2006.
"Revealed Preference Analysis of Characteristics Models,"
Economics Series Working Papers
282, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Laura Blow & Martin Browning & Ian Crawford, 2008. "Revealed Preference Analysis of Characteristics Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 75(2), pages 371-389.
- Laura Blow & Martin Browning & Ian Crawford, 2005. "Revealed preference analysis of characteristics models," CAM Working Papers 2005-04, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Applied Microeconometrics.
- Laura Blow & Martin Browning & Ian Crawford, 2005. "Revealed preference analysis of characteristics models," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0305, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Cherchye, L.J.H. & de Rock, B. & Vermeulen, F.M.P., 2007.
"The collective model of household consumption : A nonparametric characterization,"
Other publications TiSEM
0a104373-4fb6-4ef2-9d2b-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Laurens Cherchye & Bram De Rock & Frederic Vermeulen, 2007. "The Collective Model of Household Consumption: A Nonparametric Characterization," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(2), pages 553-574, 03.
- Laurens Cherchye & Bram De Rock & Frederic Vermeulen, 2007. "The Collective Model of Household Consumption: A nonparametric characterization," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/98559, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Cherchye, L.J.H. & de Rock, B. & Vermeulen, F.M.P., 2004. "The Collective Model of Household Consumption : A Nonparametric Characterization," Discussion Paper 2004-76, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hanoch, Giora & Rothschild, Michael, 1972. "Testing the Assumptions of Production Theory: A Nonparametric Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 256-75, March-Apr.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lec:leecon:12/07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mrs. Alexandra Mazzuoccolo)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.