Cash Incentives and Unhealthy Food Consumption
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fletcher, Jason M. & Frisvold, David E. & Tefft, Nathan, 2010.
"The effects of soft drink taxes on child and adolescent consumption and weight outcomes,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(11-12), pages 967-974, December.
- Jason Fletcher & David Frisvold & Nathan Tefft, 2009. "The Effects of Soft Drink Taxes on Child and Adolescent Consumption and Weight Outcomes," Emory Economics 0908, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Yaniv, Gideon & Rosin, Odelia & Tobol, Yossef, 2009. "Junk-food, home cooking, physical activity and obesity: The effect of the fat tax and the thin subsidy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(5-6), pages 823-830, June.
- Levy, Amnon, 2002. "Rational eating: can it lead to overweightness or underweightness?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 887-899, September.
- Inas Rashad & Michael Grossman & Shin-Yi Chou, 2006.
"The Super Size of America: An Economic Estimation of Body Mass Index and Obesity in Adults,"
Eastern Economic Journal,
Eastern Economic Association, vol. 32(1), pages 133-148, Winter.
- Inas Rashad & Michael Grossman & Shin-Yi Chou, 2005. "The Super Size of America: An Economic Estimation of Body Mass Index and Obesity in Adults," NBER Working Papers 11584, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Laibson & Andrea Repetto & Jeremy Tobacman, 2005.
"Estimating Discount Functions with Consumption Choices over the Lifecycle,"
784828000000000643, UCLA Department of Economics.
- David Laibson & Andrea Repetto & Jeremy Tobacman, 2007. "Estimating Discount Functions with Consumption Choices over the Lifecycle," NBER Working Papers 13314, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Laibson & Andrea Repetto & Jeremy Tobacman, 2007. "Estimating Discount Functions with Consumption Choices over the Lifecycle," Documentos de Trabajo 236, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Jeremy Tobacman & David Laibson, 2007. "Estimating Discount Functions with Consumption Choices over the Lifecycle," Economics Series Working Papers 341, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Dragone, Davide & Savorelli, Luca, 2012.
"Thinness and obesity: A model of food consumption, health concerns, and social pressure,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 243-256.
- Davide Dragone & Luca Savorelli, 2010. "Thinness and Obesity: A Model of Food Consumption, Health Concerns, and Social Pressure," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 017, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Rajeev Goel, 2006. "Obesity: An economic and financial perspective," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 30(3), pages 317-324, September.
- Yaniv, Gideon, 2002. "Non-adherence to a low-fat diet: an economic perspective," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 93-104, May.
- Cawley, John & Meyerhoefer, Chad, 2012.
"The medical care costs of obesity: An instrumental variables approach,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 219-230.
- John Cawley & Chad Meyerhoefer, 2010. "The Medical Care Costs of Obesity: An Instrumental Variables Approach," NBER Working Papers 16467, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gruber, Jonathan & Frakes, Michael, 2006. "Does falling smoking lead to rising obesity?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 183-197, March.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:2000:90:6:854-857_7 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHabit; Junk Food; Overweight; Public Policy; Rational Addiction;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D04 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Policy: Formulation; Implementation; Evaluation
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-02-01 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2012-02-01 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lec:leecon:11/47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mrs. Alexandra Mazzuoccolo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deleiuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.