Inequality and size of the government when voters have other regarding preferences
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tyran, Jean-Robert & Sausgruber, Rupert, 2006.
"A little fairness may induce a lot of redistribution in democracy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 469-485, February.
- Jean-Robert Tyran & Rupert Sausgruber, 2002. "A Little Fairness may Induce a Lot of Redistribution in Democracy," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2002 2002-30, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
More about this item
KeywordsRedistribution; Other regarding preferences; Single crossing property; Income inequality; Difference dominance; Median dominance; American Exceptionalism.;
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-08-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2008-08-06 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-POL-2008-08-06 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lec:leecon:08/23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mrs. Alexandra Mazzuoccolo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deleiuk.html .