Inequality Traps and Human Capital Accumulation in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anne Case & Angus Deaton, 1999. "School Inputs and Educational Outcomes in South Africa," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 1047-1084.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V & Newman, Andrew F, 1993.
"Occupational Choice and the Process of Development,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 274-298, April.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Andrew F. Newman, 1990. "Occupational Choice and the Process of Development," Discussion Papers 911, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Robert Garlick, 2018.
"Academic Peer Effects with Different Group Assignment Policies: Residential Tracking versus Random Assignment,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 10(3), pages 345-369, July.
- Garlick, Robert, 2014. "Academic peer effects with different group assignment policies : residential tracking versus random assignment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6787, The World Bank.
- Bertola, Giuseppe, 2000. "Macroeconomics of distribution and growth," Handbook of Income Distribution,in: A.B. Atkinson & F. Bourguignon (ed.), Handbook of Income Distribution, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 477-540 Elsevier.
- George A. Akerlof, 1982. "Labor Contracts as Partial Gift Exchange," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 97(4), pages 543-569.
- Roland Benabou, 1993.
"Workings of a City: Location, Education, and Production,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 619-652.
- Roland Benabou, 1991. "Workings of a City: Location, Education, and Production," NBER Technical Working Papers 0113, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicola Branson & Amy Kahn, 2016. "The Post Matriculation Enrolment Decision: Do Public Colleges Provide Students with a Viable Alternative? Evidence from the First Four Waves of the National Income Dynamics Study," SALDRU Working Papers 182, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Lumengo Bonga-bonga & Maphelane Phume, 2018.
"Assessing the relationship between total factor productivity and foreign direct investment in an economy with a skills shortage: the case of South Africa,"
AccessEcon, vol. 38(3), pages 1395-1405.
- Bonga-Bonga, Lumengo & Phume, Maphelane, 2017. "Assessing the relationship between total factor productivity and foreign direct investment in an economy with a skills shortage: the case of South Africa," MPRA Paper 83288, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kezia Lilenstein & Ingrid Woolard & Murray Leibbrandt, 2016. "In-Work Poverty in South Africa: The Impact of Income Sharing in the Presence of High Unemployment," SALDRU Working Papers 193, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Finn, Arden & Leibbrandt, Murray & Oosthuizen, Morne, 2014. "Poverty, inequality, and prices in post-apartheid South Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 127, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-07-14 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-07-14 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2012-07-14 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ldr:wpaper:86. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alison Siljeur). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sauctza.html .