Conservation and welfare: Toward a reconciliation of theory and facts
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marie-Eve Yergeau & Dorothée Boccanfuso & Jonathan Goyette, 2014. "Conservation and welfare: Toward a reconciliation of theory and facts," EcoMod2014 6716, EcoMod.
- Marie-Eve Yergeau & Dorothée Boccanfuso & Jonathan Goyette, 2014. "Conservation and welfare: Toward a reconciliation of theory and facts," Cahiers de recherche 14-05, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Jacques Nowak & Mondher Sahli & Pasquale M. Sgro, 2003. "Tourism, Trade And Domestic Welfare," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 245-258, October.
- Robalino, Juan A., 2007. "Land conservation policies and income distribution: who bears the burden of our environmental efforts?," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 521-533, August.
- Restuccia, Diego & Yang, Dennis Tao & Zhu, Xiaodong, 2008.
"Agriculture and aggregate productivity: A quantitative cross-country analysis,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 234-250, March.
- Diego Restuccia & Dennis Tao Yang & Xiaodong Zhu, 2003. "Agriculture and Aggregate Productivity: A Quantitative Cross-Country Analysis," Working Papers diegor-03-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Diego Restuccia & Dennis Tao Yang & Xiaodong Zhu, 2007. "Agriculture and Aggregate Productivity: A Quantitative Cross-Country Analysis," Working Papers e07-3, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- Anthon, Signe & Lund, Jens Friis & Helles, Finn, 2008. "Targeting the poor: Taxation of marketed forest products in developing countries," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 197-224, June.
- Canavire-Bacarreza, Gustavo & Hanauer, Merlin M., 2013.
"Estimating the Impacts of Bolivia’s Protected Areas on Poverty,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 265-285.
- Gustavo Canavire-Bacarreza & Merlin M. Hanauer, 2012. "Estimating the Impacts of Bolivia's Protected Areas on Poverty," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1208, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Canavire Bacarreza, Gustavo J & Hanauer, Merlin M., 2012. "Estimating the Impacts of Bolivia's Protected Areas on Poverty," IZA Discussion Papers 6341, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gustavo Canavire-Bacarreza & Merlin M. Hanauer, 2012. "Estimating the Impacts of Bolivia's Protected Areas on Poverty," Working Papers 201231, Latin American and Caribbean Environmental Economics Program, revised 2012.
- Robinson, Elizabeth J.Z. & Lokina, Razack B., 2011. "A spatial-temporal analysis of the impact of access restrictions on forest landscapes and household welfare in Tanzania," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 79-85, January.
- Angelsen, Arild, 2007. "Forest cover change in space and time : combining the von Thunen and forest transition theories," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4117, The World Bank.
- Tiago Neves Sequeira & Paulo Macas Nunes, 2008. "Does tourism influence economic growth? A dynamic panel data approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(18), pages 2431-2441.
- David J. Lewis & Gary L. Hunt & Andrew J. Plantinga, 2003. "Does Public Lands Policy Affect Local Wage Growth?," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(1), pages 64-86.
- Gollin, Douglas & Parente, Stephen L. & Rogerson, Richard, 2007.
"The food problem and the evolution of international income levels,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 1230-1255, May.
- Douglas Gollin & Stephen L. Parente & Richard Rogerson, 2004. "The Food Problem and the Evolution of International Income Levels," Working Papers 899, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Kosoy, Nicolás & Corbera, Esteve, 2010. "Payments for ecosystem services as commodity fetishism," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 1228-1236, April.
- Grieg-Gran, Maryanne & Porras, Ina & Wunder, Sven, 2005. "How can market mechanisms for forest environmental services help the poor? Preliminary lessons from Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1511-1527, September.
- Juan Luis Eugenio-Martín & Noelia Martín Morales & Riccardo Scarpa, 2004. "Tourism and Economic Growth in Latin American Countries: A Panel Data Approach," Working Papers 2004.26, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Paul Ferraro & Merlin Hanauer, 2011. "Protecting Ecosystems and Alleviating Poverty with Parks and Reserves: ‘Win-Win’ or Tradeoffs?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(2), pages 269-286, February.
More about this item
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- Q26 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Recreational Aspects of Natural Resources
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2015-05-02 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2015-05-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2015-05-02 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lam:wpaper:15-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricia Modat). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lamplfr.html .