The Gains from Improved Market Efficiency: Trade Before and After the Transatlantic Telegraph
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ejrnæs, Mette & Persson, Karl Gunnar, 2010. "The gains from improved market efficiency: trade before and after the transatlantic telegraph," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(03), pages 361-381, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Banerjee, Anindya & Dolado, Juan J. & Galbraith, John W. & Hendry, David, 1993. "Co-integration, Error Correction, and the Econometric Analysis of Non-Stationary Data," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288107.
- Irwin, Douglas A, 1988. "Welfare Effects of British Free Trade: Debate and Evidence from the 1840s," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(6), pages 1142-1164, December.
- Kevin H. O'Rourke & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2001. "Globalization and History: The Evolution of a Nineteenth-Century Atlantic Economy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262650592, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Uebele & Daniel Gallardo-Albarrán, 2015.
"Paving the way to modernity: Prussian roads and grain market integration in Westphalia, 1821-1855,"
Scandinavian Economic History Review,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 63(1), pages 69-92, March.
- Martin Uebele & Daniel Gallardo-Albarrán, 2014. "Paving the way to modernity: Prussian roads and grain market integration in Westphalia, 1821-1855," Working Papers 0059, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Sharp, Paul & Weisdorf, Jacob, 2013. "Globalization revisited: Market integration and the wheat trade between North America and Britain from the eighteenth century," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 88-98.
- Markus Lampe & Paul Sharp, 2015.
"How the Danes discovered Britain: the international integration of the Danish dairy industry before 1880,"
European Review of Economic History,
Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 432-453.
- Lampe, Markus & Sharp, Paul, 2014. "How the Danes discovered Britain : the international integration of the Danish dairy industry before 1880," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp14-06, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Markus Lampe & Paul Sharp, 2014. "How the Danes Discovered Britain: The International Integration of the Danish Dairy Industry Before 1880," Working Papers 0066, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Markus Lampe & Paul Sharp, 2014.
"Greasing the wheels of rural transformation? Margarine and the competition for the British butter market,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 67(3), pages 769-792, August.
- Markus Lampe & Paul Sharp, 2013. "Greasing the Wheels of Rural Transformation? Margarine and the Competition for the British Butter Market," Working Papers 0043, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Brunt, Liam & Cannon, Edmund, 2013. "Integration in the English wheat market 1770-1820," CEPR Discussion Papers 9504, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ganneval, S., 2016. "Spatial price transmission on agricultural commodity markets under different volatility regimes," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PA), pages 173-185.
- Steinwender, Claudia, 2014. "Information frictions and the law of one price: "When the States and the Kingdom became United"," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2014-12, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
More about this item
Keywordsmarket integration; error correction; law of one price;
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- N7 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-11-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2006-11-12 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-INT-2006-11-12 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kud:kuiedp:0619. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/okokudk.html .