Nonexistence of Constrained Efficient Equilibria when Markets are Incomplete
We consider economies with incomplete markets, production, an a given distribution of initial endowments. The main purpose of the paper is to present a robust example of an economy with only one firm and one good per state in which no production decision entails a constrained efficient outcome. In particular, the unique Drèze equilibrium is dominated by every other production decision.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2000|
|Publication status:||Published in: Econometrica. May 2002; 70(3): 1245-51|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Øster Farimagsgade 5, Building 26, DK-1353 Copenhagen K., Denmark|
Phone: (0045) 35 32 30 54
Fax: +45 35 32 30 00
Web page: http://www.econ.ku.dk/cie/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Egbert Dierker & Hildegard Dierker & Birgit Grodal, 1999.
"Incomplete Markets and the Firm,"
99-03, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Dierker, E. & Dierker, H. & Grobal, B., 1999. "Incomplete Markets and the Firm," Papers 99-03, Carleton - School of Public Administration.
- Dierker, E. & Dierker, H. & Grodal, B., 1999. "Incomplete Markets and the Firm," Papers 9902, Washington St. Louis - School of Business and Political Economy.
- Egbert DIERKER & Hildegard DIERKER & Birgit GRODAL, 1999. "Incomplete Markets and the Firm," Vienna Economics Papers vie9902, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Egbert Dierker & Hildegard Dierker & Birgit Grodal, 1999. "Incomplete Markets and the Firm," CIE Discussion Papers 1999-05, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Guesnerie, Roger, 1975. "Pareto Optimality in Non-Convex Economies," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(1), pages 1-29, January.
- Kenneth J. Arrow, 1950. "A Difficulty in the Concept of Social Welfare," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 328-328.
- John Geanakoplos & Michael Magill & Martine Quinzii & J. Dreze, 1988.
"Generic Inefficiency of Stock Market Equilibrium When Markets Are Incomplete,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
863, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Geanakoplos, J. & Magill, M. & Quinzii, M. & Dreze, J., 1990. "Generic inefficiency of stock market equilibrium when markets are incomplete," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 113-151.
- Geanakoplos, J. & Magill, M. & Quinzii, M. & Dreze, J., "undated". "Generic inefficiency of stock market equilibrium when markets are incomplete," CORE Discussion Papers RP 916, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kud:kuieci:2000-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.